cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay relisting items WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION -SELLERS BEWARE

Just happened today, for the first time - SELLERS BEWARE - I received an email that an item had been relisted. No further explanation. Now, I had been sitting at a desk relisting items and knew that I hadn't relisted this one! Check the item and see that the Best Offer box has been added, set to reject offers below 50% of what it was listed for. I had not authorized this. I know what items I put Best Offer on and what I didn't. (Also checked the expired listing and there was no Best Offer option, eBay added it when they relisted it.) I called Customer Service and a foreign national explained that there is an auto-relist mechanism that is the default for listings made with phones or mobile devices. (I use a laptop?)  She said she was refreshing my account. I told her it is NEVER to happen again.

Sellers watch out, eBay could relist an item you have other plans for, just send you an email. Then if it were to sell, could be problems.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: eBay relisting items WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION -SELLERS BEWARE

Hi, @jerseydevle .

I'm going to take a guess and say that you probably bumped the 'relist this item up to 3 times if it doesn't sell' button when you listed it. That would explain why it was relisted, and I guess it would make sense that eBay would throw on best offer.

Go and find the listing and see if it was relisted immediately after it ended. I bet it was.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

actually, I've had the exact scenario happen, and believe me no accidental occurred.  In fact I've had to go back NUMEROUS times to remove the same "best offer"  off a listing.  Able to remove auto renew off some listings & not others.  Ebay is like a runaway train that hijacks listings and tries to get you to lower your price @ every opportunity.  Small time seller & I'm frankly DONE with their anti seller policies.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I manually relist using sell similar for unsolds the same day they end then delete the unsolds to avoid this.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@duncanvr wrote:

I manually relist using sell similar for unsolds the same day they end then delete the unsolds to avoid this.

I do the same thing but I have had at least 3 things magically reappear and sell. Unfortunately I have not noticed until the item sold and since I generally only sell one-off items I had to take a defect because I was technically out of stock. I am very careful when I relist/sell similar and delete unsolds but it's still happened. So beware.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi,
I didn't make a mistake. eBay did it, intentionally or inadvertently, who knows. I have never seen an option to relist up to 3 times if the item doesn't sell. I list on a laptop computer, not a phone or other mobile device, so the listing pages may differ. There is NO EXCUSE for them to "throw on best offer". I had listed the item before and the was no Best Offer on the earlier listing, I did check.
eBay is famous for their computer incompetence. Even Wenig was apologizing about it a few weeks ago.
Just SELLERS BEWARE!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply