cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay needs to stop retroactively "prefilling" information

I sell mostly records. eBay's catalog is junk and gets the prefill info wrong most of the time because multiple pressings/releases use the same catalog number and/or upc. I always deselect using the prefill info. I found out recently that despite me unselecting prefill and making my own listing, that eBay has been retroactively going back and applying their prefill info to my existing listings. This is so wrong. They claim the seller is responsible for the content of the listing. Well who the [bleep] is now responsible when eBay is changing my listings on their own? One of my listings today I saw is for a new Tom Petty record. They changed everything to the prefill info. Of which not only was most of it incorrect, but they saved someone else's condition info in the catalog. So instead of it still showing new and sealed, as I listed it, it said the record and sleeve were in (G) Good condition. If anyone knows records, that means bad. It means it's worn out and badly damaged.

This is so frustrating that they are being so stupid, and they want to make us sellers responsible for their lies and incorrect info.

This type of thinking (Could do us in) - Chevelle
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@deadwaxmusic 

You had it listed as Brand New and e-Bay changed it to "used/Good"?

This is a rhetorical, but how on earth does that even happen?  Let alone item specifics that change to not match your record.

Thank goodness you figured it out.  No advice for you, as what you describe is a mess. 

Let's hope this is some weird catalog glitch.  Wow.  Just wow. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

What bugs me is eBay clearly states WE, the SELLER, are responsible for our listing. Seller violates policy they can be warned, suspended etc. A slippery slope eBay embarks on.  Are we their employees?

Rules are their right, their company their rules.

Having said that, changing a listing without the sellers consent seems to go against the policy that the seller is responsible for the content within their listings. 

Anyway, good luck. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ebay prefilling shipping information on listings

Why did Ebay start adding/prefilling random weights and sizes and changing our preset from flat fee to calculated in our shipping area!!  This is just asking for wrong postage!  I wish I could figure out how to make it stop. UGH

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply