cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay lego listings don’t even sell.

maybe it’s just me but  eBay has recently became a horrible place to sell legos now. They won’t sell unless u sell them at garage sale prices that’s pathetic. And now since we cant even help out our fellow members with listings since eBay  is screwing me over and other  sellers by not letting any of us see others listings. gonna be moving my lego listings to bricklink since I can’t even get 30 views on this joke of a website now.

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: eBay lego listings don’t even sell.

My guess is since people can find them easily at any garage sell that is why they sell here on Ebay at garage sell prices. Buy your legos cheaper if you want to make a profit. There is just too much competition and if you want to stay competitive you have to go by what other sellers are asking.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Wait, because Lego will be hot.  Right now Lego is cramming the sales channels from their Mexican factory.  Lego is not dependent on ocean transport but because of product substitution at the last minute even Lego will sell out.

You also have a bunch of Chinese copy cats for Lego style bricks (I'd say some were counterfeit).  You are competing with stolen and counterfeit goods right now.  Once they get cleared out, you'll be fine.  Look at Amazon at all the Lego like stuff available (and especially the prices).  All this will get cleared out.

For toys: just wait!  Use Brinklink too.  That is a good platform for specific bricks mainly.  I actually need a couple of bricks to rebuild some trains I have and use (that my daughters tore apart when they were young.

So, all is good.

Aug

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

My guess but now it probably depends on what Lego set you are selling as every market becomes saturated 

If at one point in time something was "hot and selling" does not mean it will last forever

Does anyone remember the Fidget craze a few years ago? List them now and see how they do

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Biggest problem is we can no longer see each other’s listings for criticism.

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

@bremcdo-94 

Good clear photos might help.

When I see fuzzy photos I think the seller is trying to hide something on the item.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Do you mean we can't see your listings?  It's a bit of a dive, but you can use the advanced search and go to the 'show only listings by' and give the seller ID.  I looked your items up and one thing I will tell you that the free shipping will kill your bottom line.  You are making the first price too high as you are giving free shipping.  Buyers now are getting use to paying for shipping.  Another thing you can try is to bundle more items together.  Buyers want value. 

There are a ton of sellers of Legos right now.  Make sure you check the 'sold' items of the like type and see what they sold for and if they charged for shipping.  Your prices should be in line with the sold prices.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

Why is it ebay's fault that nobody wants to buy your legos?

You think the there are people out there who desperately want to buy what you are selling ... but somehow ebay is blocking/preventing this from happening? 

I did a completed listings search for "legos".

I found hundreds, if not thousands that sold today ... and it's not even noon. 

There are lots of legos being sold on this joke of a website ... just not the ones that you are selling. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 8 of 23
latest reply

The way children play is a big factor in declining toy sales across the boards.  Most play has an electronic or video component.  Lego is as old fashioned as smocked baby clothes. 

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Not contradicting your stance here and maybe you are right about most play having an electronic or video component.

However, I baby sit a 2 1/2 year old girl baby.  My family room, which has been converted to an illegal day care facility has: a Little Tikes fridge, stove and washer/dryer; a bucket of Matchbox/Hot Wheels vehicles; a candy box of small plastic animals that don't blink, buzz or move unless forced; 3 doll shopping carts; a laundry basket full of miscellaneous toys; a tote of MEGA blocks; two Fisher-Price barns as well as other FP stuff.  I won't list the garbage truck, ambulance, two school buses and parking garage.  My point here is: nothing electronic or video related -- and we do just fine all day.  We also have a stack of books, both to read and just for pictures.  

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

" probably depends"

Yep, we could begin every answer out here with it depends as I just did on another question.  Well, I ended with that but nonetheless very product can't stay hot forever. 

I was repairing a pool deck around a spa in the late 1990's for a guy who was flipping Beanie Babies at a huge profit.  He said he was making upwards of 60K per year just on little plush toys I knew nothing about.  Next thing you know he was the Cabbage Patch Doll king.  Might have been the other way around but you get my drift.

I never had the toy your post is about but the staying power of some of the toys from my childhood era is impressive.

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@bremcdo-94 

Are you selling New/Sealed or breaking them apart to sell the bricks and the mini-figs separately?

We sell Lego sets, especially high-end sets.  We moved our high-end sets to Amazon and almost all are already gone for this holiday season.

We sold two retired sets today on here - both Indiana Jones, new/sealed.

It really depends on what you are selling - current releases are hard to compete with, depending on your cost-basis.  But certain series do really well.  We sold 2 retired Holiday sets earlier this week that we had about $6 each in for over $100 a piece and they are less than 150 pieces.  Will they sell in June - no.  But get closer to the holidays and people will buy those sets.

Not every Lego set is desirable, not unlike any other product to be sold.  We have sold Legos for over 15 years - certain sets and types of set will always sell.  Others not so much - you really have to know your market and your items, not unlike any other category.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@bremcdo-94 

Are you selling New/Sealed or breaking them apart to sell the bricks and the mini-figs separately?

We sell Lego sets, especially high-end sets.  We moved our high-end sets to Amazon and almost all are already gone for this holiday season.

We sold two retired sets today on here - both Indiana Jones, new/sealed.

It really depends on what you are selling - current releases are hard to compete with, depending on your cost-basis.  But certain series do really well.  We sold 2 retired Holiday sets earlier this week that we had about $6 each in for over $100 a piece and they are less than 150 pieces.  Will they sell in June - no?  But get closer to the holidays and people will buy those sets.

Not every Lego set is desirable, not unlike any other product to be sold.  We have sold Legos for over 15 years - certain sets and types of set will always sell.  Others not so much - you really have to know your market and your items, not unlike any other category.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

I don't understand this "not being able to see each other's listings" thing.

You can browse listings and search by seller ID.  If your listings couldn't be seen how would anyone sell anything?

... which is a problem.  

I won't sell legos because they're a high fraud category, too many people doing things like claiming SNAD that your 5 lb box of them didn't weigh 5 lbs exactly, and sending you back an empty box. 

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

BTW - you have 12 listings up.

Your items are not going to be found on this site or any other without more listings and a greater presence.

You are also selling many sets that state "incomplete, no manual".  We are entering the magic month(s) - Buyers are looking for New/Sealed "giftable" sets.

It also appears you are breaking sets apart in order to sell the minifigs separately and then trying to sell the minifigs and sets separate.  This practice is destroying the Lego market on here and other sites.  You reap what you sow.  

Posting ID Only.......
Message 15 of 23
latest reply