cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is showing YOUR STORE FEEDBACK RATING at 4.6, with 513 reviews on GOOGLE!

I’ve been selling on eBay for 15 years until eBay stopped promoting my items. That's another story. One of the reasons I wasn’t making sales was due to eBay posting inaccurate feedback on Google about my business. I was horrified to see my seller rating at 4.6 with 513 feedback. When I clicked on the 513-feedback link, it took me to a page with lots of negative reviews. I couldn’t believe it! I have 100% positive reviews, over 9,000 sales, and feedback score of 5376. Not only was this detrimental for my sales on eBay, but it shows up directly under my website, impacting my sales there too. I checked my friend's eBay store. He also had the same rating. He's sold over 19,000 items! Then I checked a dozen random stores, including some of the top selling businesses on eBay. I mean stores with hundreds of thousands of sales and reviews, and they also have this incorrect feedback rating on Google. After hours of research, I learned that it was eBay’s own feedback that was attached to my account and other sellers, too. I have contacted eBay about this for more than a year and have gotten no resolve. I am furious. I suggest you check your store on Google.feedback.JPGfeedback 2 (2).jpgparts.JPGbooks.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Thanks for the heads up!   I just Googled my EBAY store and got the same 4.6 rating (even though I am Top Rated and have 100% positive feedback).   I notified that feedback comments shown are not from my customers (I don't sell those products).

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

That's because they are eBay's ratings. When I wrote this earlier today, I was using today's feedback numbers and score found on Google. A month ago, it was a 4.3 rating which was even worse! 

Recently, I was on Amazon looking at an item (face cream) with a very high rating, and as I always do, I read the reviews. The reviews were for gummy candies, not face cream. I contacted Amazon and they questioned the seller and got no response. Then they sent me an email saying since no one else complained (I was just questioning, not complaining) they were not going to do anything about it. Can you believe that? How many people would end up returning the product? People should always read the reviews!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

why is your post here? It has nothing to do with the store feedback

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@ebargainsanddeals I was able to recreate this while searching your store name on Google, but after a littler more testing, unfortunately I think this may be a Google problem, not an eBay problem.

Whether you are just running an independent ecommerce site or a marketplace, submitting a product feed to Google is done through your Google Merchant Center Account and that provides Google with all of the data they need to show your products in Google Shopping and other places across the Google landscape, including search results.

It appears that in some results, Google is showing "immersive details" for merchants...which would be great if you were running your own site and so those Google reviews would be attached to your merchant account and show your reviews.

The problem is that when marketplaces like eBay submit their Google feeds, it's tied to their Google Merchant account, so the immersive details are exactly what you have noticed - reviews and feedback for eBay, not you.

The reason I say this appears to be a Google issue, not an eBay issue is that I'm seeing the same thing with another seller who sells on both eBay and NewEgg...and the NewEgg one also links to reviews and feedback about NewEgg instead of the seller.

Their eBay one is just like yours with 513 and it does go to the same eBay review page as yours.

2024-01-28_07-58-44.jpg

The NewEgg one goes to this review page for NewEgg

2024-01-28_07-59-16.jpg

And we can confirm that Google is pulling the info from that Google Shopping Merchant account by hovering over the link.

2024-01-28_08-14-12.jpg

I'm also seeing the same thing with some results for Etsy as well.

However, regardless of which marketplace, it doesn't always show up this way for me - sometimes those immersive details are there and sometimes not depending on the search terms and possibly other factors.

That's another indication to me this is most likely a Google issue, as they may at any given time be testing different displays/experiences for different users or search queries or they may simply show certain details for some searches for whatever their algorithmic reasons are.

I can definitely understand your frustration, but ultimately there may not be anything eBay can actually do about it.

The only suggestion I can make would be to send feedback to Google along with a screenshot so they can see why it would be a problem/not provide a great experience for their users - you can do that by clicking the three vertical dots next to the result in search, then the Feedback button.

2024-01-28_08-24-31.jpg

2024-01-28_08-25-19.jpg

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I Googled mine and got the same numbers, that rating is for Ebay itself not our stores.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

It is a Google issue that affected even the top tier level of sellers on eBay. I have noticed that the Seller Rating is the feedback for that platform, not an individual seller, which is why is should be removed.  I had previously checked out other website reviews, like  Wayfair, Etsy, eBay and others, and they all have the same Seller Rating and reviews. This only happens on Google, not Mozilla, Duck Duck Go, Bing or others search engines. Today I noticed the Seller Reviews have been removed and are not linked to eBay's reviews. As well, my store no longer shows up on Google and it can't be found on eBay either. It's time to leave this platform. It's a migraine headache.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply