cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is scamming me!

I sold one Laptop here for a buyer, he claimed the laptop was not as described, while his first message to me was (where can I turn the laptop from?) you can imagine what kind of inexperienced he is. After a few days, he claimed he received something not as described and requested a return. Firstly, i stated no returns and I was overseas so I could not have the laptop returned to me.

eBay decided that he gets his full refund and refunded the guy and now he blocked me and doesn't want to return my laptop ! what should i do now? I have called eBay many times and they are telling me eBay can't do anything to help me! they can't even step in to ask the buyer to return my Laptop!!! what a scam really, they are just good at debiting my card for their listing fees then they throw you for wolves.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

eBay is scamming me!

Nothing you can do now - when he filed snad that is when you should have replied return for refund.  When you didn't ebay stepped in and did it for you.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

eBay is scamming me!

@us2015-mid 

"Firstly i stated no returns and I was overseas so I could not have the laptop returned to me."

No returns ONLY applies to buyers remorse, not "not as described" claims. When you didn't accept the return, eBay assumed you didn't want it back. You needed to accept the return, and since it was international, send the buyer the $ to pay to ship it back to you.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

eBay is scamming me!

The Feedback that you left the buyer is also not allowed and will be removed if the buyer complains.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

eBay is scamming me!

the buyer is no longer a registered buyer !!!!!!!

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

eBay is scamming me!

I believe this wonderful scamming buyer is no longer a registered user, but the OP still got the shaft.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

eBay is scamming me!

The feedback you left for the buyer seems to indicate that they sent you spoofed payment emails or fake payments?

-------------
Posting ID
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

eBay is scamming me!

I already provided him later with the shipping label and they refunded him, closed the case and then the guy ghosted me .
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

eBay is scamming me!

It's another buyer, already 4 buyers tried to SCAM me and eBay let that happen many times.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

eBay is scamming me!

@us2015-mid wrote:

I was overseas so I could not have the laptop returned to me.

{snip}
they can't even step in to ask the buyer to return my Laptop

At the start of your message you said the item could not be returned to you. 

Then at the end of you message you are complaining that the item has not been returned to you. 

You can't have it both ways. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

eBay is scamming me!

@us2015-mid wrote:
I already provided him later with the shipping label and they refunded him, closed the case and then the guy ghosted me .

It's another buyer, already 4 buyers tried to SCAM me and eBay let that happen many times.

Happy to confirm @us2015-mid that already 4 buyers tried, but were unable to SCAM you.

And be sure to provided him earlier with the return shipping label, before the deadline to Ask eBay to stand up and help. Otherwise, you might loosen the item and the payment, and close the case with a defect.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

eBay is scamming me!

Under normal conditions, I'd say you are just out the money.  If you refused or tried to fight the return and the buyer asked Ebay to step in, you will always lose.  That is just the way it is on Ebay.  Just because you have a no return policy does not mean you won't be refunding a buyer.  ALL buyers are protected by the Money Back Guarantee.  And ALL sellers no matter what their return policy need to honor a request for return for a SNAD reason.

So I understand why Ebay forced the refund and allowed the buyer to keep the item.

HOWEVER, here is the twist.  This buyer is no longer a register user.  Now that could mean they closed their account voluntarily, but it could also mean that Ebay shut them down.

What I recommend is that you assume the latter.  File an appeal on the claim.  Tell Ebay what happened and that you were out of the country.  Also say that you feel the buyer was abusing the return system.  If Ebay decides that you might just be right, Ebay will make you whole and give you your money back.  So it is worth a try.

I hope it works out for you.  Good Luck!

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

eBay is scamming me!

@mam98031 the OP says the naru buyer isnt the buyer in the current transaction

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

eBay is scamming me!

@sabsh3107 wrote:

@mam98031 the OP says the naru buyer isnt the buyer in the current transaction

Whoops, I missed that.  Thank you.  Well then, not much can be done about the OP's current concerns.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 14
latest reply