cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is lying about seller defects to steal our money

eBay has stolen hundreds of dollars from me because of bogus defects they created …not the buyer!!!! After 20 years I’m done.  I hope other sellers will exit this business where greed rules. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: eBay is lying about seller defects to steal our money

The seller metrics is designed to punish you and increase Ebay's take of your FVF's,

Can you share how did they steal from you? 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@afgfp wrote:

eBay has stolen hundreds of dollars from me because of bogus defects they created …not the buyer!!!! After 20 years I’m done.  I hope other sellers will exit this business where greed rules. 

What exactly impacted your metrics? Shipping, unresolved Buyer claims that e-Bay stepped in to resolve?  Combo of issues?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Defects may be eligible for removal in some cases if they really aren't your fault.

The Automated Seller Help Tool in Seller Hub is a good place to start.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Certainly would like to hear the details of this if you'd care to share them.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@flyingmvp your kidding right?  Some foreign person with English as a second or third language throws darts at a board to determine which returns should count against us for high not as described rates from month to month.  If you have returns, download the .csv file from you service metrics each month and see how they count for the first month but not the second or third.  I’m already taking eBay to arbitration for this myself as it amazes me how a returned item for not as described or defective or doesn’t match photos or whatever excuse people want to use can be sold the very next day and I get 5 star feedback from it.  Get real 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Interesting, I wonder why they are only lying about your defects and nobody else....

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Would be interested in hearing your actual story.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@afgfp 

I'm on the edge of my LaZBoy... do tell.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

I assume you lost a few disputes.  If you truly feel that way, that ebay chose you at random and  is creating false defects against you just to increase your fees.  I guess ebay is just out to get you for some reason. If you truly have that level of distrust. Then you have no business being in business in my opinion.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

(I wondered...)

...didn't I just read somewhere in this forum that another poster complained 5% extra fee from eBay was collected due to seller defects...???

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Yes, this "item not as described" ratio is a serious issue.
But I still don't have a clear picture about what contributes to this "item not as described" ?
For insance ....
Buyer filed eBay dispute for item not received, but traking shows delivered, but buyer intentionally not close the dispute.
Buyer filed payment dispute for "buyer does not recognize transaction" but item was delivered

Will the above 2 scenarios contributes to "item not as described" ratio ?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@juju_poca wrote:

But I still don't have a clear picture about what contributes to this "item not as described" ?
For insance ....
Buyer filed eBay dispute for item not received, but traking shows delivered, but buyer intentionally not close the dispute.
Buyer filed payment dispute for "buyer does not recognize transaction" but item was delivered

No, Item Not Received is completely different from Item Not As Described.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@juju_poca wrote:

For insance ....

Payment dispute thru the buyer's financial institution does not count as a service metrics hit either.

Under the Performance tab there is another tab called Service Metrics. There you can see exactly what constitutes a INAD and a hit on the Service Metrics. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply