cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is dead. Where are the sales?

A continuance. 

All I'm going to add is that ever since the new recent changes rolled out, eBay sales and listing views are virtually non existent on our end. Hopefully this isn't a sign of future fate. I love selling on eBay and have for years, it looks like it's not loving us back anymore. What's going on?

Message 1 of 98
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@bongos_gallery_boutique wrote:

A continuance. 

I love selling on eBay and have for years, it looks like it's not loving us back anymore. What's going on?

In response to your above declaration, I hope ebay will provide you with some serious love bombing.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 98
latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

It all started as soon as I opted out from the international shipping program.

Funny thing is, I almost never offered international shipping to begin with and kept item in the US

Coincidence? Who knows

Message 2 of 98
latest reply

When did the changes happen?  My current sales dive started on Feb 2nd.  I'm down 50% from December for the 2nd-15th.  Good thing I have other irons in the fire to at least partially cover the shortfall.  Hopefully things will improve soon as I'm about to invest another 4 figures in inventory.

Message 3 of 98
latest reply

eBay has been riding the Promoted Listings band wagon pretty hard. Do you use PL's standard? 2% -9% is useless for me. 12%+ seems to keep sales coming regularly.

Message 4 of 98
latest reply

Attempted promoted listings before without any positive results. Promoted one item just recently that back in the day would have averaged a lot of views even if it didn't sell. Paid for promoted listings for that item and only received 3 views. Three lousy views. Guess that was then and this is now. I will not spend the extra money on promoting a listing any longer. Not until the tide shifts at least. That is if it ever does.

Message 5 of 98
latest reply

@bongos_gallery_boutique wrote:

A continuance. 

I love selling on eBay and have for years, it looks like it's not loving us back anymore. What's going on?

In response to your above declaration, I hope ebay will provide you with some serious love bombing.

Message 6 of 98
latest reply

Apparently going to other sellers.

luckythewinner_0-1676477734967.png

Message 7 of 98
latest reply

maybe the P.L. works when you have lazy buyers with a lot of money to burn for that self-satisfaction that they just bought something, or the seller who has a truckload of the same item and looking to move fast. 

I still think the average eBay buyer will shop, search, and compare before buying, making a bid, or offer. 

I pay enough fees already listing and with the FVF.  

Message 8 of 98
latest reply

I've noticed my sales have been up a little more than usual - I was even in the "green" as far as more sales than usual. Now I'm dipping again but I haven't been actively doing much on the site the last few days. I've noticed that a combination of listing, promoting (not every item, just a few here and there), and deleting old listings (yes, it seems to somehow drive more sales, though could just be a coincidence) seems to bring in more traffic and thus, more sales. Hopefully you have more sales soon! Sometimes you get a few bad days and then get slammed with a bunch of orders!

Message 9 of 98
latest reply

True, sometimes the good days make up for the bad but something is going on with the internet, I dont think its ebay, because all the other platforms are just as bad with little to no sales, February started fine and normal. and then that switch whatever it is went off like cold turkey. It makes no sense. There has to have been some algorithm change again or google or search engines have turned off searches. 

Message 10 of 98
latest reply

The promoted listings is a joke. Why give them even more money? They continue to try to be like Amazon. They should watch Amazon closer as their business model is failing....

Message 11 of 98
latest reply

I can tell you with 100% accuracy that Ebay is not dead. For the last 60 days or so I have been trying to up the number of active listings. Listing around 4 to 5 items a day and selling around 3 items a day. Can hardly keep up with gaining my number of listings. It obviously depends on what you are selling, the price you are asking, and the category you are listing in. When things get that slow the best method is to go through each listing and compare your item to the SOLD items on Ebay. If you are not in the ballpark, you will never hit the home run.

Message 12 of 98
latest reply

I did a quick check, and your Coke thermometer has sold for anywhere from $37 to $83. You are asking $93. Obviously, there are always the lunatics who ask $200-$300 but remember those sit for years and probably never sell.

Message 13 of 98
latest reply

only received 3 views. Three lousy views. Guess that was then and this is now.

BAck in the day, Views were permanent.

Last year eBay stopped reporting Views from bots and  search engines.

So the Views you see now are from human beings.

And they only reflect the last 30 days.

So those are three human beings who actually looked at (and rejected)your listing.

Message 14 of 98
latest reply

This account which sells stamps to collectors has been normal-- which means strong since this is my busy period every year (including in our B&M shop before we retired).

Books, on another ID, have been declining for years. I basically don't buy for resale anymore.

Sewing patterns, on yet another ID, are weak this year. I usually get sales for formal/bridal gowns and sundresses, but not much is moving . Oddly most sales are from the US South.

Knitting patterns are dead in the water.

Message 15 of 98
latest reply