cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is a scam

They took my money you didn’t tell me that they were going to be holding onto it And now  I can’t get it Or speak with anybody because their bsing me

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: eBay is a ducking scam

You said 'they', 'you' and 'they'... who is all that you are referring to? 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Did you buy a car with gift cards?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@carcr6916. Are you referring to the item you recently sold? 

Funds are usually released about 24 business hours after tracking that you upload to ebay and paypal shows delivery.  No tracking or an item is over $1 thousand the funds are held up to 21 days

eBay payment holds
If you're a new seller who hasn't established a selling record yet, we may put payments from your buyers on hold. You'll become an established seller when:

It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale.
You've had more than 25 transactions and $250 in sales.

We may also hold funds for 21 days if we determine the transaction to be a risk. Category, price, and seller standing can all contribute to this decision. You can identify this by the estimated release date in the sold section of My eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=415...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@carcr6916 

New sellers can have their funds held for 21 days, but they usually release them a day or two after tracking shows the item was delivered.

They might hold the funds for that watch the full 21 days.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@corvettestainless wrote:

You said 'they', 'you' and 'they'... who is all that you are referring to? 

YOU!

1rliyn.jpg

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Ebay considers you a new seller.  For new sellers payments are held.  No "scam" here, it is a rule.  Below is some information you should read.  You can check your PP account.  You will likely see that the buyers have actually paid, you just can't access the money just yet per the policies of Ebay.

This isn't Ebay's fault, you need to do your research when you want to take on a new job like selling on any given website.  

If you print your shipping labels through Ebay, you can have that cost taken from the payments that are on hold.  

You need to ship your items within your stated handling time.  If you hold off on that, you not only lengthen the time that PP will hold the money, but you also will get defects for late shipments which will further harm the health of your selling account.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/funds-availability.html

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/pending-payments?id=415...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Yet another example of a new seller who doesn't understand the user agreement and the rules. Oh well. I don't know why anyone bothers to help them honestly. If they can't be bothered to learn the rules and the user agreement, then why spoon feed them? It's not like they are going to take the time to learn later. 

If they don't know what they are getting into (and refuse to learn FIRST) then they also will likely be a pretty poor seller who doesn't do their own part either.  Instead they come here with profanities complaining about eBay doing what they said they would do. Read the rules. Know your user agreement. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I'm beginning to think the word "scam" is going to have to change it's definition to "Something a person just doesn't like."

I've been called scam many times by buyers who apparently just didn't like one of my sales terms.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

New seller + expensive item = potential problem.

Did you actually get paid, and can go directly to PayPal to see the funds are safely in your account? Have you shipped the item?

New sellers have to put in their due diligence.

There is a steep learning curve here.

Sadly, eBay makes it easy to sign up to sell, but does not put many safeguards in place that could prevent new sellers getting surprised by the pitfalls of online selling.

Ebay is no place to make a quick buck.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@carcr6916 wrote:

They took my money you didn’t tell me that they were going to be holding onto it And now  I can’t get it Or speak with anybody because their bsing me

????? UMMMM ?????  it is CLEARLY stated in the user agreement that you must read before agreeing to it.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259

11. Holds and Restricted Funds

To protect eBay from risk of liability for your actions as a seller, eBay has at times recommended, and may continue to recommend, that PayPal restrict access to funds in a seller's PayPal account based on certain factors, including, but not limited to, selling history, seller performance, returns, riskiness of the listing category, transaction value, or the filing of an eBay Money Back Guarantee case. This may result in PayPal restricting funds in your PayPal account.

In connection with managed payments as described in Section 14, we may also restrict seller access to funds based on the factors described in the Payments Terms of Use.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply