cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay forcing Best Offers on listing without knowledge of Sellers

ebay randomly puts Best Offers on my Buy It Now listings and sets the best offer price. I have called three times asking them to stop this. I don't think it is good policy to do such a thing. If I wanted to accept best offers I would add them myself. I have to go back every time and take the Best Offers off when eBay does this to my listings. It is really not OK. And I told eBay that if someone buys an item that eBay has set a Best Offer on without my knowledge, I will cancel the sale and if need be I will add a paragraph on each of my listings saying that I do NOT accept Best Offers.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

They don't randomly do it.

It is your responsibility to make sure that the "accept best offer" box is not checked when you create/enter your listing.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ebay will automatically apply Best Offer on occasional sellers and new sellers for a period of time.  You can't shut it off.  You can revise you listings after they show up on them, but at this point you can't stop Ebay from doing it.  However once you get a few more transactions under your belt it should stop.  So be patient, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I was going to tell you what I really think is going on here, but Ebay will not let you be anno. So, I think Ebay is a GREAT and WONDERFUL  place to buy and sell!  

Message 4 of 4
latest reply