cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay for Business on Facebook

eBay for Business on Facebook has been very helpful for sellers and I contact them frequently when there's an issue. For the last 3 days all the sellers are getting is an odd message that says Thank you for contacting us on our Social Media channel. We’re here for you any time. You are entering a third-party application, therefore we recommend you do not share any personally identifiable or payment-related information. We will be with you shortly.

Since when are they a third party and why are they not getting back to me shortly. It's been 3 days. Is eBay doing away with this helpful source of information?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: eBay for Business on Facebook

Up until this issue they required you to send them your name, ebay email address and zip code to verify your identity. Now they send a link to log into your account. 

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

@scottiepup wrote:

Up until this issue they required you to send them your name, ebay email address and zip code to verify your identity. Now they send a link to log into your account. 

Multiple people have said they've had problems with that link and it also didn't appear to me that it was a secure link (it isn't https). Not sure I would want to click on that link on Facebook.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

@scottiepup wrote:

This wasn't the issue at all - they finally explained that they now require you to log in when they send a link because of issues with Facebook. Only problem is the links don't work all the time. 

I just had to contact them on FB and this is how it went:

1. On 1/ 18 @ 12:16 pm, I sent a msg to eBay through the FB page via browser.

2. Immediately received an automated response "Thank you for contacting [. . .]. We will be with you shortly." 

3. On 1/19 @ 2:22 pm, I get this msg with the link:

eBay for Business link.jpg

4. On 1/20 @ 8:54 am, I click on the link, which sends me to a secured page to log in to eBay. After logging in, I'm redirected to the chat via a web version of the FB Messenger app (not the FB page).

5. I immediately received the same automated response "Thank you for contacting [. . .]. We will be with you shortly." 

To summarize, it's been a full 48 hours since my initial inquiry, and I still haven't received an actual response. By eBay standards, there's almost always an abnormally long "working out the kinks" period, so I haven't succumbed to growing cynical about it yet (but I'm close).

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

let's be truthful here! Facebook is collecting data from us! Probably providing some type of service with eBay and in return collecting data and then selling it.  eBay should be ashamed of themselves for making Facebook the "go to" in order to get help. 

I'm no rocket scientist, but I have common sense like everyone else here. 

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

let's be truthful here! Facebook is collecting data from us! Probably providing some type of service with eBay and in return collecting data and then selling it.  eBay should be ashamed of themselves for making Facebook the "go to" in order to get help. 

1.jpg

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals  my take on this whole thing is eBay may finally be waking up to the risks posed by directing sellers to a competing marketplace for support and may be concerned about that competing marketplace using information passed through messages to try to poach sellers, so they've changed how they authenticate your user info when contacting them on Facebook.

Take it with a huge grain of salt, it's just my wild guess...but especially considering they are *not* requiring this for support through Twitter or if you message just the regular eBay page on Facebook (it is only eBay for Business, ie. support for sellers), there is definitely something odd going on here.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

it would be interesting if anyone that went through Facebook to communicate with eBay would share and admit if they suddenly started getting junk e-mail , text, calls, or junk in the mailbox. 

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@sextons-sweet-deals  my take on this whole thing is eBay may finally be waking up to the risks posed by directing sellers to a competing marketplace for support and may be concerned about that competing marketplace using information passed through messages to try to poach sellers, so they've changed how they authenticate your user info when contacting them on Facebook.

Take it with a huge grain of salt, it's just my wild guess...but especially considering they are *not* requiring this for support through Twitter or if you message just the regular eBay page on Facebook (it is only eBay for Business, ie. support for sellers), there is definitely something odd going on here.

I'm not saying that this has anything to do with it but who knows.

Update about Facebook Groups

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Update-about-Facebook-Groups/td-p/32578520 

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Facebook is a third party to you and ebay. I wouldn't trust Facebook for a second. Plenty of other resources to use.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

56 packages stuck in memphis????? OMG!  what was the end result?

Message 25 of 25
latest reply