cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay finally asks me the right question. Store subscription levels.

I was asked to participate in a survey by eBay.    The questions specifically asked about store subscriptions.    In my case I have 2 accounts ,  Both are premium with 1,000 "free" BIN listings included.

The survey asked directly if I would use a store level between Premium and Anchor.    It also included questions about  the possibility of a monthly flat payment to increase the number of "Free" listings that would be month to month with no contract or yearly obligation.    I'm assuming something less expensive than the .35 per listing or less that we are now paying for going over the limit.   

In my particular case,    I explained that I would be very happy and could/would use a store level 

that included 1,500 to 2,000  "Free" BIN listings.     Or even 3,000 to 5,000 if the price were competitive.   

This has been an ongoing subject on the boards.     Maybe eBay is actually listening?   

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

It's annoying that Ebay still chooses to call the listings you pay for with a store subscription "free".

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You don't pay for listings with a 'store' so they are free. The store does much more than just the listings....

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@corvettestainless wrote:

You don't pay for listings with a 'store' so they are free. The store does much more than just the listings....

I disagree, the listings are not "free" but they are discounted which allows for more competetive pricing. 

I also agree there are other features of having a store that make the cost of a store more pallatible, but just because eBay says "free listings" doesn't actually make the listings "free", you're still paying for them.

for a premium store:

$60 store - $16.66 if you use your shipping credit - up to $30 in promoted listing fee / (number of active listings) = base cost of each listing per month.

For me, January was $60 - $16.66 - (promted sales credit) / 950 = just over $0.04 per listing.

If I were to max out listings both BIN and auction and use the etire promoted listing credit the base listing cost would be slightly under $0.01 per listing base cost.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

If they would just do away with the fixed price/auction split and give store owners al a carte listings that would be great. I get 250 fixed and 250 auction with a basic store. The majority of my auctions every month go unused since the categories don't jive with what I sell.  500 all purpose listings would be so much better for me, and I'm sure I can't be the only one who feels this way.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

The store question is not "One size fits all"      When I decided to expand a couple years ago,  1,000 BIN listing simply were not enough,    The next step was an Anchor store.  10,000 listings for $300.00

I couldn't use 10K listings.      The solution for me was 2 Premium stores with 1K listings each and $120.00 per month 

base cost.

I can't use the 500 "Free" auctions.    Ebay can keep them.      The 10 cent listing fee with all the perks and discounts 

are a good deal for me.   

We see sellers on the boards all the time asking what's the best deal.       We all,   They all,   Need to do the math.  

I see a stamp seller in Europe that runs 500   10 day auctions per month.    Everyday he has auctions starting and auctions ending.      And he's  making a huge amount of sales.     Very profitable for him.   

Auctions became a loser for me years ago.      Gimme them BIN listings.   

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I don't get why they charge for listings anyways. I would rather have free listings and a transaction + FVF fee on my sales like with FB. I would be more likely to list stuff that I don't have the confidence to sell, that might sell if I actually list it. eBay would have more incentive to have successful sales since they would make additional money off the transaction and have more incentive to move dead inventory. It would cost more as a seller, but it is better than paying a stagnant company like eBay to collect fees off something that costs them next to nothing to do.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@dirk12955 wrote:

The store question is not "One size fits all"      When I decided to expand a couple years ago,  1,000 BIN listing simply were not enough,    The next step was an Anchor store.  10,000 listings for $300.00

I couldn't use 10K listings.      The solution for me was 2 Premium stores with 1K listings each and $120.00 per month 

base cost.

I can't use the 500 "Free" auctions.    Ebay can keep them.      The 10 cent listing fee with all the perks and discounts 

are a good deal for me.   

Daaaang, I didn't realize the difference in tiers was so huge.  That's a big jump from 1k to 10k!  I've never looked at anything higher, because I don't need anywhere remotely close to 1k listings lol.

I would love about 300-350 fixed right now, that's why I hate to see those 250 auctions just sitting there gathering dust every month.

I can't do diddly squat with auctions, they're always a bust. I just use BIN/BO - that works great for me.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I am still waiting, I would be all in. I used to have a anchor store until the price doubled. Now I have to make due with the Premium like you as well. I need a middle tier!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

And a few long time posters! this is a bone of contention with me. Because I PAY for them not so free listings!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

ETA - this is a general post.

If people think eBay is sludgy now, just make listing FREE for everyone - it'll be an utter mess because it won't matter, people will list any krap they have and let it run forever on GTC.  This site is a big enough mess now.

If they want to attract more quality listings and make things better for sellers and buyers, both, they need to lower the FVFs.  That's where everyone has skin in the game.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 11
latest reply