cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay does not notify about money received from sales & thus sales PayPal did

After separating from PayPal, eBay does not notify about money received from sales & thus sales themselves PayPal did.  As the result, sellers are not aware of making sales.  That is a fundamental and crude deficiency of eBay now and quite surprising.  How incompetent of eBay not to replace all basic functions provided by PayPal before separating form them.  How ignorant and stupid of eBay to undermine own business by making it more difficult for the sellers to ship sold items by making them unaware that they made sales.  Even an idiot would understand that it is not good for business.

A half of seller notifications in account preferences has not ever worked.  Those, which never worked include 'Shipping reminder after handling time has passed'.  As a result I was not notified about a sale for 16 days until the buyer made a request asking about it.  I had to upgrade to more expensive shipping and was lucky not to receive a negative feedback.  What a bummer due to eBay's negligence.

There are no eBay notifications to sellers about items sold or money received from sales  PayPal was providing.  eBay's general management, management of programming of the pages, and programmers seem to be not up to snuff in terms of skills and qualifications.  Maybe it is time to replace them... ASAP.  I probably will slow down my selling activities until said elementary deficiencies are removed by eBay.

I have already complained about them to eBay customer service 3 times and wrote 3 times about increased labor intensity of checking seller eBay pages due to replacing the old comprehensive ones good for large monitors with a higher number of half empty ones maybe good for smartphones I do not use for selling.  Why there could not be both kinds for such different devices?  Too difficult for underqualified programmers?

And there is eBay pushing the new Seller Dashboard, which at least half gouges is useless.  The rest threats all items identically in regard to chances to sell,  pricing, effectiveness, etc.  The problem is that various items have specific selling conditions and the algorithms need to be adjusted to those individual specifics to provide good advice.  Such a task is way above eBay capacity to handle.  eBay should not advise on aspects where math plays a role, as eBay cannot handle stupid notifications.

eBay failed to notice services PayPal provided to sellers and to replace them before separating from PayPal.  So, eBay fails not only in inventing, but even noticing what exists and is used by its own provides of its income.  That is very said and pitiful.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Something wrong with your email if you are not getting them!

I've been in MP since last September, every single sale without fail has triggered an email from eBay. The message gives the details of the item sold and the buyer info.

There are two types, one that indicates the item has been sold AND paid for and another one I very rarely get that tells you the item was purchased but not yet paid for.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@eten3 

As suggested above you should be getting emails so perhaps check your account settings. Sometimes things get changed without our knowledge so it's not impossible that it got unticked in your settings. 

Also you could download the APP, if you use those. That has a notification as well.

CHA-CHING!!  

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

lol, if you don't think it's YOUR responsibility to check ebay at least more than every 16 days to see if you have a sale......you may be be out of luck and pretty quickly off ebay.  Plently of paypal solds info never got to me in past years.  I get them now from ebay.......but sure don't "depend" on them for notification.  Emails go astray everyday........

Just in case......you had a sale today.........

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Notifications didn't work for me in the beginning as well, but I got them working by turning the setting off and then on again.
But the problem is that they send you an email notification for each item sold.
So if you have 40 items in one order, you'll get 40 emails.
PayPal sent only one notification per order.
So I turned the setting off.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It's visible in three places at the top of the Hub: The notification bell (top), tasks pending (left) and Orders: awaiting shipment (right) as it's default configured. When away from the desk I use the phone app for that glorious cha-ching and can check what it was and get back to the desk. I'd screenshot but haven't sold anything today. <Dang it>

Message 6 of 6
latest reply