cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay can only make more money by ripping off its sellers!

Think about it!

now the managed payments ripoff..

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: eBay can only make more money by ripping off its sellers!

@yuzuha wrote:

@reallynicestamps wrote:

But the problem as a buyer is that I cannot use my Managed Payment balance, I have to use a credit card (or a Paypal balance from sales on other sites) and incur extra fees from the card, because there is little likelihood of building a balance in a week.

... why would you incur fees for using a credit card? Is that a normal thing in Canada?

Instead of being able to use US dollars in a Paypal account to buy from the US,  we have to use a credit card and pay the conversion fees from US to Canadian which is not cheap and usually 3% or more.

We also have to pay conversion fees when sales in US dollars are converted to Canadian dollars so we can deposit to a Canadian bank again, usually 3% or more.

Canadians that sell in US dollars are severely shafted by MP due to conversion fees both ways.

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

no one will see savings. and ebay holds your money for up to 4 days. pay shipping labels? sure ebay will let you do that,  but transfer money you have earned to pay bills? forget about it. ebay has your money. 

and you get it when they are good and ready to dole out it.

ebay international shipping labels cost DOUBLE what paypal charged. and go to kentucky.

who saves money?? no one!!

ebay makes money though 

Message 32 of 42
latest reply

gee i dunno maybe paying twice the amount to print international labels on ebay instead of paypal. as in 21.00 on ebay and 11.00 on paypal.

new fees on international transactions?

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

i liked having my money in a different account. and i REALLY LIKED  instant access to money i earned. now up to 4 days before you can access money you earned.

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

and who likes having there money held for 4 or 5 days instead of instant access thru paypal??? gee mr bill collector i have the money but ebay is holding it so though I DO have the money I just can't access it. Can you give me a break??? and who knows how long ebay holds funds? maybe they get interest for holding those funds a few days longer then neccessary? 

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

international labels are double the cost on ebay compared to paypal. you do not have instant access to your funds. ebay sits on them for up to 4-5 days.

extra fee for international transactions.

final value for international includes the 12.00 it costs to ship. so on a 21.00 purchase of which 12.00 is shipping  you pay 12. some odd percent on the taxes, and the 12.00 shipping charge.

just 10% final value fee means you pay 1.20 on shipping, which is money you never see. plus another 1.20 for the item equals 2.40  final value fee plus 26 cents for international sale. 2.66   at just 10% final value fee on an item you  sold for 12.00.

then of course the 300.00 anchor store fee per month. oh and now that you can no longer print labels on paypal that 12.00 label has now jumped to 22.00 on ebay label printing.

so you can add another 1.00 for shipping funds you never see.  total for international ? 3.66 on a 12.00 item. plus of course shipping material and time. so you net a little over 8.00 ebay? 3.66 almost half of what you made.

of course who knows what kind of interest ebay makes on the funds they withold from you for up to 5 days.

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

how does it benefit sellers to no longer have access to funds instantly?

how does it benefit sellers to no longer be able to print international shipping labels on paypal for one half the cost of what ebay charges?

How does ending international listings simply due to the cost of shipping help buyers or sellers?

Nothing about what ebay has done benefits anyone but ebay. 

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

This is **bleep**....just had it out with someone at ebay when I realized they are adding in tax to pad the sum of your sale before they tag on the sellers fee of 12.55%.
I asked them several times..why are you charging me $23 when you do the math ad it should be several dollars less? Didn't get a straight answer...never do..Jesus, just tell me the **bleep** truth. You're scamming the sellers.

This is not what you said you were planning on doing once you'd eliminate PayPal.
You should have left it alone. I was known for my immediate, same day shipping, because I had my $ same day...Now who the f knows when I'll have it, and I won't ship until that $ is in my bank.
Already had 1 fraud attempt when I tried selling an iphone. 
When it rains, the rodents come out..

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

Good luck on other platforms then 

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

The rip off is that EBay is charging 12.55% on the tax the customer pays and adding that amount to your seller fees . Done the old way Paypal is only charging you 2.9% on customer tax . Pretty big difference on fees if the final value amount is for a higher amount of money , and the tax is on top of that . I will think twice before selling on eBay again . I hope they go out of business. All the sales they get ,,, what they are doing is just plain greed.!!! 

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

The buyer payments  have to clear Ayden (the now money processor for eBay)  takes a  a day or two and then some  time to get cleared into your bank checking account - my bank takes  2-3 days - depending the time of day of the deposit - used to be almost real time. 

Time changes every thing  - if  ya' ain't changin' you are gittin' further behind.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 41 of 42
latest reply

We are paying 11.45% MORE ON SALES TAX THAN WE WERE PREVIOUSLY PAYING THROUGH PAY PAL which is was  2.9%. is now 3.9% plus 30 cents - as of August 1 I believe

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 42 of 42
latest reply