cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Stores - featured categories/listings forced

We choose with our stores whether we want to add rows that feature categories and listings on our storefront. I set my preferences months ago when the new store layout went live.

Today I notice eBay has added a featured row for something I did not select in my settings.

I went to the Hub to manage my store and the row they added is unchecked in settings, so I couldn't turn it off if I wanted to.

Anybody else seeing this?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Re: eBay Stores - featured categories/listings forced

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Ah, OK. That's a relief. I definitely don't like the idea of ebay adding rows on its own, whether for categories or listings. If this is a test of some sort, they need to scrap it. I might add featured categories at some point, but if so, I want that to be my choice.

devon@ebay  Can you shed any light on what is going on here?

Hey @my-cottage-books-and-antiques! I got a response back from our Stores Team on this and they said:

“eBay occasionally runs some A/B tests (usually 2 weeks long) to understand what experiences can help improve conversion from sellers’ storefronts. The tests that prove to be helping with conversion, we are adding those changes on your storefront, so you can get the conversion benefits from it right away. However, We are already working on adding seller control for those for good changes in coming weeks, so you can remove those rows if you still would prefer to not have it on your storefront. Please note, If your feedback is about Featured categories row on storefront, then that’s part of an A/B test and the test will end in coming week.”

Devon,
eBay
Message 76 of 79
latest reply

Thanks for getting that info devon@ebay. Very helpful. Could you pass on to the Stores team a request for sellers can control the sequential order of featured rows. For example, being able to put a newly listed row or a marketing banner above a featured categories row. Currently featured categories is stuck to the top.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 77 of 79
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Thanks for getting that info devon@ebay. Very helpful. Could you pass on to the Stores team a request for sellers can control the sequential order of featured rows. For example, being able to put a newly listed row or a marketing banner above a featured categories row. Currently featured categories is stuck to the top.

@wastingtime101 I will be sure to get this feedback shared with them as well! 

Devon,
eBay
Message 78 of 79
latest reply

Thanks devon@ebay 

Message 79 of 79
latest reply