cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Standard Envelope

Could I lose my Top Rated Status using the eBay Standard Envelope?

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: eBay Standard Envelope

I said it was erratic, and stand by that.

I always have a top loader inside the envelope.

The Ebay cardboard 6" x 8" mailer which many sellers say is not permitted has worked best for me..

A number 10 paper envelope gets between 0 and 10 scans, sometimes including the delivered scan, sometimes not.

I would rather not make the sale, than have a customer inquiry, whether I have any further issues about the order.

I have always had more problems with inexpensive sales no matter what I do.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

A firm envelope, I use the cardboard flat envelope 8x6. It weighs 1 oz. with self-adhesive label. You can get smaller envelopes but then you have to cut the label smaller.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

I think this program needs help.

Our local office will on occasion refuse to process an order that strictly complies with the Ebay Standard Envelope Policy. In my case, it involves low cost trading cards.

It would seem so simple for Ebay to post (somewhere) a letter or equivalent that could be provided to the local post office agent detailing the terms of Ebay's master agreement with the USPS on this matter. How frustrating is it to have a handful of envelopes ready to go and then encounter an agent who is unfamiliar, unwilling or unfriendly -- and be unable to complete the order which by definition is a low value proposition. My understanding is that this is not a local post office issue but something that occurs sporadically all over the country.

This is supposed to be a substantial Ebay benefit. But it is not working and not providing the attraction promised. 

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

I have this same problem with my local post office as well.. They will not me ship out any plain white envelopes with Ebay standard unless I use the 3oz $1.12 option. They also charge postage due for all ESE delivered to my address. If a seller uses 1oz or 2oz they charge me the difference. Yeah, its usually. 50 cents or less however, when you get a few of these a week it adds up quickly. It's frustrating for the buyers as seller try to cheap out as much as they can to make more profit!!! This all stems from Ebay slapping that 10 % shipping charge because sellers  started charging grotesque shipping charges to avoid paying Ebay their 10 percent.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I have the same problem as you can see here...

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

I use the same rigid envelope for the same reason, trimming the label. Yes it does weigh 1 oz. and puts me into the 2 or 3 oz weight overall, so I charge $1.21 or $1.34. The 4x6 rigid weighs .4 oz and I could save on postage costs but always using a 1/2 used sheet to trim gets to be a hassle.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

I don't take the Standard Envelope to the counter. I drop them into the Post Office box. It is then sent to the flat scanner directly and thus avoiding the counter person trying to scan it with their hand held scanner.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply