cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Shorted a Buyer's Refund

A buyer requested to cancel so I processed a full refund, but for some reason eBay shorted the refund by $1.00 and I can see that $1.00 in my Total Funds. Called eBay and the agent blamed it on a "system error" and said the buyer will get the $1.00 back within 24 hours. Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I can't say I've ever seen it happened.  But you did the right thing, you notified Ebay and they said they would take care of it.  I doubt this is a big problem.  So try not to worry about it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

It's turning in to a big problem. Days have gone by and despite repeated promises that it would address the issue, eBay has not resolved it. The buyer is growing more impatient and thinks that I am deliberately holding on to his $1.00. I have tried to explain that I cannot refund the $1.00 because I already processed a full refund and there's just no button I can click on to initiate more of a refund. If I could refund the $1.00, I would because it would be infinitely easier than dealing with the multiple phone calls to eBay I've already made.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I have tried to send the buyer the $1.00 myself from the refund page, but every time I click on "Review Refund" I get an error message. The $1.00 refund just won't go through on my end.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply