cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Messages To Add More Info To TIME VAMPIRE Item Specifics Always Deleted As Waste Of Time

I keep getting these messages from eBay to add missing things to Item Specifics, the TIME VAMPIRE.

"TIME" is the most valuable thing I have at my age and I consider anything that STEALS it to be a CRIME.

The mere thought of having to do Item Specifics discourages me from listing, or at least listing on eBay.

When I first got those messages, I would go look and all the "REQUIRED" things were there, it was the recommended things that were not all there.

So, I don;t even look anymore as I don't need to add anything "I" believe is important.

Basically, eBay is saying that Buyers are to stupid to know what they are getting without this information, that they are too incompetent to ask a seller a question.

What would really help is getting all that mindless clutter off the listing along with telling buyers to look at other listings.

The more eBay helps, the fewer sales I have.

Item Specifics seems to be more for eBay than for either Buyers or Sellers, Free data entry service for some kind of giant data base eBay is creating that will require a fee to access.

Item Specifics took a lot of "EVIL" to create, nothing but a "Make Work" waste of precious TIME.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: eBay Messages To Add More Info To TIME VAMPIRE Item Specifics Always Deleted As Waste Of Time

@etvideo1ataol 

They are a Time Hoover, but worth it overall.

What is maddening is one day says all caught up - next day, same listings want something?

So very frustrating!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: eBay Messages To Add More Info To TIME VAMPIRE Item Specifics Always Deleted As Waste Of Time

Well, in theory they index in Google and help customers find what they want. 🤷‍♀️

But I LOL’d @ time vampire

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

Basically, eBay is saying that Buyers are to stupid to know what they are getting without this information, that they are too incompetent to ask a seller a question.

Actually, I think eBay is saying that buyer should be able to narrow their search by using item specifics without having to ask questions. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

You right but won't get any support here. I'll sit back and enjoy continued rationalizations from the experienced folks, sorta like watching a fish flopping around on the ground, wears you out.

Enjoy your life my friend. Just do your best and try to ignore the mess.....

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@luckythewinner 

I would agree, if we could go back in time to only a few.

But in clothing the number and variety (and repetition) is beyond absurd and sucks you into a time void when speed matters.

Some details JUST DON’T MATTER, but we can’t afford a drop in search.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The theory is great.  The implementation has left a great deal to be desired.

I got all my requireds done.  Tagged all my recommends tagged "do not remind me again".  No problem in January when they renewed.

Then eBay added a "recommend" specific.  So I had to go in a tag each one again.

In my case the recommended specifics do not allow for you to say 'does not apply'  and eBay wants it left blank.  Which is not okay because I have to list, then tag "do not remind me again'.  I have brought it up on the weekly chat with staff.  At least they got that last 'recommended' moved back to additional.  

I think if they had consulted with category sellers both here and UK, they would have received a totally different response.  In my case, they went with UK standards and totally ignored US terminology and standards until the cry became worse than thunder.  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Just how much time does it take you to delete an Ebay message without bothering to read it?  I mean there is a little check box to the left of each message and a delete button right above there.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply