cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Customer Service & Wrongfully Accused of Counterfeit Policy

Hello all -

Major issues, and I am beyond angry / frustrated with eBay and their customer service. It is horrible! To make things worse, there is absolutely no way to contact them over the phone!

I listed several items a couple months back. These are genuine, authentic, high end clothing pieces purchased from a big name luxury retailer - all where i have original receipts for. One late night, ebay decided to pull my item #1 - claiming it was not authentic, and didn't follow their "counterfeit policy". Several days later, I receive another message stating they have now put my account on restriction for yet another counterfeit policy misconduct, and removed item #2! Both removals (on different days) were at the same exact time, only 1 minute apart at 12am. I call eBay the next day, and spoke to a rep, described to her my situation. She told me that they will review and get back to me.

In the meantime, I decide to message the manufacturers themselves. It was process that took a few weeks of back and forth, providing several detailed photos, etc. but they eventually finished their investigation and determined these items were indeed authentic as I claimed.

During those few weeks of back and forth with the manufacturer, eBay never retuned my messages as they said they would. I was planning to contact eBay once I received confirmation from the manufacturer. But unfortunately this whole covid-19 pandemic hit, and I have not been able to talk to anyone at eBay for over a month. My concern was that they would remove another of my listings and it would be my third strike!

And guess what? Sure enough, the other night eBay removes yet another item. Item #3! I cannot believe this bull! I am absolutely livid. Been a long time seller on ebay for almost 20 years, top rated seller, never once sold a fake item on here, or anywhere. And now I have not 1, not 2, but 3 counterfeit claims against me!? Horrible. Especially when I have proof that even the manufacturer has determined them to be real. And every time I try to message eBay, they give me the most generic, pre-written response, and don't even answer / read my questions.

Has anyone even been wrongfully accused of selling a fake item? What did you do? Were you able to appeal it?

Does anyone know if there is any way to contact eBay by phone? My account has been restricted. Lost 100's of watchers from all my removed listings. This SUCKS!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: eBay Customer Service & Wrongfully Accused of Counterfeit Policy

What were the items that were removed?

Was this an eBay initiated take down or was it a take down under the Vero program (initiated by a third-party)?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

They were Moncler items, and it looks like it was initiated by eBay themselves and not vero

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@letitgoooooo wrote:

They were Moncler items, and it looks like it was initiated by eBay themselves and not vero

sounds like someone reported them. Competitors? Busy body with little else to do? Scorned buyer? Who knows, but does sound like they were reported by someone. 

Its why I keep pushing posters to report problem buyers/sellers because it DOES get results. 

If this take down was a result of a report, it had to be from more than one person for Ebay to have acted. Ebay doesnt act on a lone report

Judge not others by your own limitations
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@letitgoooooo wrote:

I see you still have eight listings for Moncler items. Have you thought about removing those--at least temporarily--just in case?

I'm just worried that if those are taken down by eBay, too, at some point, you may face more severe consequences . . .

Just a thought.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Gosh yes, I steamed for a bit and moved on.

There's not a whole lot you can do.

I mean, there isn't a whole lot you can do that is going to accomplish anything.

What you experienced is par for the course, today I wouldn't even waste my time with all that you went through.

It's just not worth it, all I ever got was word salad, nothing ever gets resolved although I have read some threads where members were able to get the listings reinstated in writing so they relisted only to be violated again!

Yes I am serious.

So my advice to you again is stew for a bit if you still feel the need to, and move on.

Don't list those items again.

Do NOT and if you still have other items of that same manufacture I would take those down immediately.  You have 3 strikes, I'm not sure how many more you have but if I were you I'd be seriously concerned the next strike could be the last one.  Ebay doesn't play, they can and eventually will suspend an account indefinitely and it's just as hopeless a situation, nobody to really talk to but the worst part is most sellers can never come back.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

When this is your livelyhood and your store has been restricted you can't just move on. Ebay has been paid to have a store and now they close the doors of your store and your livelyhood. 

They have flagged me recently on two coins that are real. I know my Numismatics. I know a real authenic coin. Someone seems to be randomly reporting that knows nothing, to be mean or to remove competition. 

There is no way to fight back because now Phone calls are eliminated and Chat does not function. 

How does Ebay expect to make $$ if they clse the doors of stores without knowing what they are doing? They sure cannot collect fees that way!

Maybe its time to find another venue. I just hate to lose my following.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

So now I thought I found a way to contact Ebay. There is an option to have them call me back. I arranged for a call back . It said it would be about 11 minutes. I carried my phone with me to make sure I did not miss any call. After about 20 minutes , absolutely no call back. I went back into my Ebay and found a message claiming they had called. I checked my call log. Absolutely no call. I went into my account settings and verified that the phone number on file is still correct. Then I put in another request for call back. Same thing happened again! Another message saying I had missed their call. Nothing on my call log. EBays integrity is dropping dramatically! I"ve always had good customer service in the past .I'm extremely disappointed.
Oh and by the way, the item they removed ...... I searched Ebay and they have at least a dozen of the same coin up for grabs on Ebay. All Authentic Like mine that they so ignorantly removed and restricted my account.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I don't mean this in a bad way but to you or anyone else reading this should be your actions in order of priority.  Please, be aware these warnings are all robotic, no human being is behind the alerts and deletions and issuing of violations so the first time they pull your listing(s) you need to IMMEDIATELY see if any OTHER listings could be in violation and delete them yourself!!!

The bots are relentless, if you have more than a few listings you can end up suspended indefinitely if you do not act quickly, you can try all that calling around and talking to manufacturers and customer service representatives later but right now... Right the instant you receive that first warning you need to shut down ANY and ALL listings that could possibly pose a problem (especially if you KNOW you have others like it)...

Do NOT assume that "other sellers" are selling the same thing and are not getting caught so it is ok.

Do NOT assume that since you have other listings of the same kind it means the one they caught is an error so everything else will be ok.

Happy selling.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply