cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Charity Payments Not Being Sent to My Charity

This new charity system is not working! Our sellers have paid over $1250 in donations to our charity this year and to date the charity has only received $283.  How is this new system getting money to the charities faster? I am going to give it until April 1 to get corrected. After that I will no longer be selling for charity on eBay. I have not been able to find a number to call or any method of getting answers. I have to assume something fraudulent is going on. Once again, eBay has tried to fix something that isn't broken. I've seen this incompetence so many times during my almost 23 years as an eBay seller, and over 16 years as a charity seller.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

The one and only payout they have received in 2024 was at the end of January. Nothing at all in February or March. 

What do your eBay for Charity "Pending Donations" and "Donation History" pages say? 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I check those pages often and it shows that I've paid  over $1264 in charity donations for my sales so far in 2024 and yet my charity has received only $283.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Do you have another account that's also donating.......?  I don't see anywhere near $1200 in sales? 

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@calliecorgi wrote:

I check those pages often and it shows that I've paid  over $1264 in charity donations for my sales so far in 2024 and yet my charity has received only $283.

Your charity told you that they have only received $283.

Is it possible that your charity's accounting records are lagging, or that they are simply mistaken?

I am skeptical that eBay would be reporting financial transactions that were never made.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Our charity has multiple sellers and the charity should have received over $1250. We never had any problems until eBay changed the system. 

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Ah..........thanks........I was thinking perhaps an error in the total.........

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

The charity sent me the records. I have no reason to not believe them. The rescue director is my best friend and I've known here for many years. As I stated, we've never had any problems until eBay changed things. My friend sends me the info every month and it has always been correct until this year. 

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Lucky it appears that you are not a seller so I'm not sure how you seem to know so much about selling for charity???????? I've sold for charity on eBay way back when it was run by Mission Fish. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Nope, no errors. As I've stated, I've been doing this for many years and I keep very accurate records. I have spreadsheets for everything. I have eBay spreadsheets back to 2001 when I first started selling. I even have spreadsheets for Yahoo auctions and Bidville auctions before eBay.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

What have you found out about your problem because I too have been a charity seller for decades and in early March something changed and it does not work as it used to.  I sell items for them and donate 100% of the proceeds to them.  As of 8 March, I no longer get invoices and the sales are showing the item sale amount was "automatically" sent to the charity via PPGF.  My charity does not have the funds nor see it in their PPGF account.  I have called ebay customer service about 6 times - no one ever gets back to me and no one can explain what changed.  You said earlier that there is a "new charity system".  Where can I learn about this as I was unaware that there was a change on ebay's part (but clearly something changed because I no longer see my recent charity sales under Invoiced Donations in my Donation History.  My sales are only showing up in Non invoiced).  The BIG question is WHERE IS THIS MONEY?  It never went into my bank account (as it had been, after which I would force the invoice and pay it), my charity doesn't have it - so where is it?  Thanks.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to post this. I had a feeling that something was off so I removed my pet charities from my listings which I had and decided to do my charities differently. I am so glad you took the time to post this and hope that everything is made right for the charity you were supporting. Hopefully ebay realizes if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Blessings to you all! 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@calliecorgi  when were the sales made that you would have expected for the charity to receive payments for already?

Looking at the terms for the charity program, it appears they've changed the amount of time it may take for the funds to be paid from PayPal Giving Fund to the charity.

Previously it was 45 days:

eabycharityold.jpg

Now it says "within" 30 days of the last day of the month of the sale.

eabycharitynew.jpg

I've never used the eBay for Charity program, so I'm not entirely sure how it works, but just based on that wording it sounds to me like if you made a sale on February 1st for example, they would have until March 30 to grant the donation amount to the charity.

Not sure if that may explain what is happening in your situation, but hope that helps!

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@nononellie wrote:

What have you found out about your problem because I too have been a charity seller for decades and in early March something changed and it does not work as it used to.  I sell items for them and donate 100% of the proceeds to them.  As of 8 March, I no longer get invoices and the sales are showing the item sale amount was "automatically" sent to the charity via PPGF.  My charity does not have the funds nor see it in their PPGF account.  I have called ebay customer service about 6 times - no one ever gets back to me and no one can explain what changed.  You said earlier that there is a "new charity system".  Where can I learn about this as I was unaware that there was a change on ebay's part (but clearly something changed because I no longer see my recent charity sales under Invoiced Donations in my Donation History.  My sales are only showing up in Non invoiced).  The BIG question is WHERE IS THIS MONEY?  It never went into my bank account (as it had been, after which I would force the invoice and pay it), my charity doesn't have it - so where is it?  Thanks.

@nononellie  based on the terms I posted above, for sales from March it looks like they would have until April 30th for PayPal Giving Fund to grant the money to the charity, so keep an eye on it and please come back and let us know if the charity still hasn't received the funds after that time.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Thanks valueaddedresource.  I have seen 21 days after the sale and other timeframes.  With the latest Terms and Conditions change, it looks like my charity sales from early March won't hit my charity's PPGF account until 30 days from the end of March - or end of April.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply