cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay CS is a major disappointment

Part Rant/Part Question.  This will probably bring my sales to a screeching halt, but I am about to lose my mind.  eBay really needs to step up their Customer Service game.

Has anyone received a vague email from eBay stating changes were made to their account? Today I received an email from eBay saying, “Thanks for updating your profile information.  If you didn’t make this change, please contact us”

I did not make a change but it is possible a change was made by eBay on my behalf due to ongoing issues.  I cannot see where changes have been made to my account, the issues are still there and the email provides no additional information. 

I cannot chat with anyone (except the automated assistant who cannot tell me what changes were made).  I was told that a representative would call me back in 1 minute.  Lol......they haven’t and will not.  I did just now change my password, but I would like to know what exactly was changed in my account.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, go to the Security Center link at the bottom of most eBay pages and see if that doesn't get you hooked up to someone who can help. Good luck!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Besides changing password you should check all account information.

Make sure no changes were made there. Address, return address, payment info etc.

I doubt many in CS would have access to this info to be able to tell you what was changed.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi, go to the Security Center link at the bottom of most eBay pages and see if that doesn't get you hooked up to someone who can help. Good luck!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi!  Thanks for replying.  There are no obvious changes, thankfully.  So I’m not sure what the email was in reference to.  It is just frustrating bc it recommends we call them if we didn’t authorize the changes, but they cannot be contacted.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you!!!!  I did not know about the security center!  This is why these community boards and you all are so much more helpful than the actual CS reps!  I’m going to explore that some in an attempt to see why the eBay email was generated!  Just disappointed in all the new changes with how eBay deals with sellers (and buyers).

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@g-aboutique wrote:

Thank you!!!!  I did not know about the security center!  This is why these community boards and you all are so much more helpful than the actual CS reps!  I’m going to explore that some in an attempt to see why the eBay email was generated!  Just disappointed in all the new changes with how eBay deals with sellers (and buyers).

I hope you did not use any links in the email if there wer any

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Noooooo.  It was tempting but I did not hit the contact me link, lol.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply