cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Auto-Generating Multiple Business Policies

eBay has been auto-creating multiple new business policies (shipping policies and return policies).  Items that I have for sale are then being moved automatically into the new shipping policies.  Newly created listings are unable to go live because I get the following error: 'There is an issue with your listing: Shipping Policy'.  Not sure what the problem is, but it seems to be related to the new international shipping program.  If I don't keep on top of it, eBay will create hundreds of business policies automatically.  Each new policy has a string of computer code at the end of it.

Here is a video of someone having this issue:  https://youtu.be/isNLUnxnMYM

devon@ebay brian_burke@ebay 

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

you really need to go in and clean up your business polices

many sellers are surprised at the number of them that they have

the eIS shipping policy or country exclusion list is corrupt now and there is an open ticket for it

its always a good idea to get rid of excess/unused  polices

my concierge was very surprised that mine were not a big mess since I had pared them down recently

good luck

@wilsonharborsales 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 2 of 44
latest reply

I have 7 business policies.  eBay creates up to 100 new ones every single day and it does it automatically.  I clean up my business policies every day in order to delete all the new ones they are auto-generating.   This is not an issue with me having too many policies or being disorganized.  I have maintained clean policies and a very organized store for many years, and only over the past few days has this been an issue. 

There are many others having this issue and the solution they have found was to opt out of international shipping.  I was hoping that the techs could fix the issue as opposed to having us all opt out of EIS.

Message 3 of 44
latest reply

Screenshot (50).png

up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 44
latest reply

this is where I go to clean up my policies

I do believe you when you say they are autogenerating

my country exclusion list is also doing the same thing sort of

i have no countries excluded but it shows a whole slew of exclusions that are impossible  to fix

I had my old auctions fixed but the new ones go right back to the same problem

up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 5 of 44
latest reply

It is driving me up the wall.  I clean up my business policies in the same place you do.  The problem is that it keeps trying to auto-generate First Class policies on my 16oz+ listings.  I am trying to opt out of EIS right now, but when I opt out of one policy that has EIS, several new ones that include EIS are created automatically and listings are automatically moved there.

The more I try to clean up my business policies, the more business policies eBay auto-generates.  It is a mess.

Message 6 of 44
latest reply

my country exclusion list is also doing the same thing sort of

i have no countries excluded but it shows a whole slew of exclusions that are impossible to fix

I had my old auctions fixed but the new ones go right back to the same problem

@1tuna  I'm having the same problem.  The only way I found I could fix it is to revise the listing by choosing one of my shipping policies where I exclude the other countries.  Save it and then go back in to revise it again with the correct shipping policy.  It will then show that it ships to the other countries.  I finally gave up trying to fix them because it was just too time consuming. 

Message 7 of 44
latest reply

@wilsonharborsales   When you are trying to clean up your policies do you have any offers or bids going on?  I found when I tried to clean my policies during a time when I have offers or bids it will generate copies of the business policies because the ones with offer or bids can't be changed. 

Message 8 of 44
latest reply

That is an interesting point and yes some won’t transfer over.  I am specifically having this issue with brand new listings however.

Message 9 of 44
latest reply

I just checked mine and so far only the 4 I have set up are there.   You should probably contact ebay where an agent will call you back so they can look at it and see if they can determine what is going on.   I think there is definitely a problem with the policies since they started this new international shipping program. 

Message 10 of 44
latest reply

This happened to me yesterday when I was creating a listing, they had created a shipping policy with free Parcel Post shipping which would have been around a $10 loss on this item, and it was showing up as my default policy.

I went to edit shipping policies, there were two like this, and after I deleted the first one it created two more right in front of me.

I kept deleting until I got rid of them all.

Better be careful while listing, you might end up eating some high shipping costs

Message 11 of 44
latest reply

@wilsonharborsales wrote:

eBay has been auto-creating multiple new business policies (shipping policies and return policies).  Items that I have for sale are then being moved automatically into the new shipping policies.  Newly created listings are unable to go live because I get the following error: 'There is an issue with your listing: Shipping Policy'.  Not sure what the problem is, but it seems to be related to the new international shipping program.  If I don't keep on top of it, eBay will create hundreds of business policies automatically.  Each new policy has a string of computer code at the end of it.

Here is a video of someone having this issue:  https://youtu.be/isNLUnxnMYM

devon@ebay brian_burke@ebay 

Hey @wilsonharborsales! Thank you for alerting to us on this as well as providing a video. I have this sent over to the Shipping team to look into it and once I hear back I will let you know what insight they have shared. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 12 of 44
latest reply

Thank you Devon 🙏 

Message 13 of 44
latest reply

I finally got put into eIS about 10-12 days ago and was eager to get into it

my concierge was able to look at a lot of stuff and told me there is an opent ticket.

a few hours ater they were all fixed but my new listings have a bunch of exclusions and I dont want any except the short list every one has which is this

Excludes: 
Barbados, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Guadeloupe, Libya, Martinique, New Caledonia, Reunion, Russian Federation, Ukraine, Venezuela

up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 14 of 44
latest reply

@1tuna   That's what mine are doing.  Anytime I do a new listing, relist or sell similar, it will exclude all the countries except for the US even though the shipping policy chosen includes all the countries with the exception of the ones you listed.  I spent almost an hour on the phone with an agent last week.  We actually deleted all my policies and set up new ones and then connected my listings to the new policies.  Thankfully I don't have that many listings. After doing that they all were fine until I relisted, sell similar or created a new listing.   The agent did say he was going to pass the info on to some other department for them to look at it. 

Message 15 of 44
latest reply