cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deferring fees to ALL sellers??

I suggest that it would be a nice thing for Ebay to defer insertion fees for ALL sellers during this difficult time...not just sellers with stores.  Fees could still be collected on final value of sales but free insertion fees would give incentive for even sellers without stores to sell more during the time that we all practice the social distancing that is so important to ALL of us at this time!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: deferring fees to ALL sellers??

@treasrhuntluvr1983 wrote:

I suggest that it would be a nice thing for Ebay to defer insertion fees for ALL sellers during this difficult time...not just sellers with stores.  Fees could still be collected on final value of sales but free insertion fees would give incentive for even sellers without stores to sell more

You first used the phrase "defer insertion fees", which means put off to a later date. Deferred fees would mean they were still owed and would be paid at a later date. You later used the phrase "free insertion fees" which means they would never be paid.

Which one are you advocating for?

If you want free insertions, doesn't that mean that store owners would be punished because they are paying a subscription for something that everyone else is getting for free? Or are you suggesting that store subscription payments should also be waived?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

ebay nice....that's like jumbo shrimp right?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I believe Ebay did this. I was charged for my seller fees, but then immediately credited for the amount. I'm assuming next month I will have to pay the full amount.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Agree - deferring fees does not help. We need fees to discounted or waived. We are small businesses too.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Selling on eBay is not essential, sellers who do sell on eBay are doing so by choice.

Using the eBay platform is not a necessity of life...it's a choice!

Sellers who choose to sell on eBay and then make it their necessity, are doing so because they made that choice....

there are choices in life and those choices need to be adjusted and adapted to whatever situations occur along the way.

Adjust, adapt and keeping moving along...

Stay calm and carry on as best as you can!

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I am a seller and I am very disappointed in eBay. They should not be deferring seller Fees they should be taking care of Seller fees for those who need it for a few months Period.  I pays several thousands in Fees a month we are fortunate i don't need eBay's help on Fees. The sellers that really need this help are still going to find it very difficult to make up the fees even at 50% in two months.  God forbid eBay should actually give something and the board find out.  eBay should give a refund to sellers for the poor performance and glitches in the software alone. You pay a monthly fee for a store and the store software is a broken product that has to be constantly fixed. Fragil sellers should be protected it helps all of us. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I remember watching a TV show years ago, where a diver was in a shark cage, and only feet away was a great white chomping on the cage trying to get at him.  The diver noted that there was no "malice" on the shark's part, that's just what sharks do, eat other animals.

eBay is a similar situation.  They are going to separate you from as much of your money as possible, because that's just what they do.  As long as people are willing to come and sell here, eBay will collect the fees, all the while looking for ways to collect even more.  And until enough sellers leave to seriously decrease the total amount of fees they are collecting, they have no reason to change that behavior.

So, we can all complain, but waiting for eBay to change is rather futile.  If you can't make ends meet here with the fees as they are, find another opportunity.  I have personally reached the tipping point (due to MP coming up) and while I will not leave eBay entirely, I will be moving most of my items off the site when my anchor subscription ends on May 1.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply