cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged final value fees for accepting scammers offer

I have a pending invoice for about $28 and there are 4 separate fees. 3 out of the 4 are from accepting scammers offers thinking that they would buy it but they would end up just messaging me a super sketchy message asking me to text their number so I can receive my payment. The other one is ending an auction early which is my fault and I had no clue they charge fees for that but I understand why now. Please someone help!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If the other sales do not go through, ebay will deduct the final value fees and you will not owe them. You can file unpaid cases on them- don't respond to any of their communications since they are scamming- and I would report each of them.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You do need to file unpaid item cases against those sales that didn't pay.........  that gets you a refund of the fvf.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

when you file a “item not paid for” case, after you close it you’ll get a credit on your final evaluation fee. MAKE SURE you always file a case and wait the few days to close it, if not you’ll be paying evaluation fees every time it sells again. Resolution center is where you do this.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You can get a credit for the final value fee for the unpaid items. Here is the Help page about what to do if a buyer doesn't pay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

When you file an unpaid item claim, eBay immediately sends the buyer a message that strongly encourages them to pay for their item within 4 days. But that's all eBay does.

If the buyer doesn't pay, then after 4 days you'll get the option to close the case, giving the buyer a strike and getting a credit for your final value fee. Do not expect to hear anything about your case directly from eBay. Either the buyer pays or they don't. If you don't close the case within 36 days after the transaction it will expire, which means no strike for the buyer and no credit for you.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You can open an Unpaid Item Dispute 48 hours and one minute after the listing ends.

You can then close it 96 hours and one minute after you open it ... if the buyer doesn't pay within that timeframe (If they pay, you ship)

When the UID closes without payment, you get your fees back, the "buyer" gets a strike and nobody gets to leave feedback.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/resolving-unpaid-items-buyers?id=4137

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

A couple of years ago eBay started allowing sellers to leave feedback after closing an unpaid item claim. Maybe someone with a recent claim can tell us whether they have changed back again to the original policy (i.e., neither party can leave feedback).

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

The point of allowing SELLERS to leave feedback  after closing an UPI claim escapes me.

Since buyers can receive ONLY positive feedback, what would be the point of allowing a seller to leave FB for a buyer who didn't pay? Surely, there isn't much possibility that that seller wants to leave a positive FB for that buyer, is there? 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hey, don't shoot the messenger!  You know eBay does a lot of irrational things.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply