cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't upload pics anymore to list my item

Ebay ? what the hell did you do to the photos part of listing an item? it was so nice years ago, now I can't upload any pics, I take the pics with my iPhone then send to my MacBook Pro to upload on Ebay, but it says error Message, why the hell can't you idiots leave things alone when everything works so good, you make the worst changes to this site making it so hard to list anything anymore, even not having PayPal sucks, don't see payment for 4 to 5 days, you really need to get another online bank like PayPal so the seller can get payment at least the same day, fix the photo issue so I can upload a photo

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Not sure what is happening, but this is not the first post I have read about a problem with Mac and uploading images.

I will try to see if I can find the other post as it has advice, though I do remember some found it was the file/image that was too large and had to be resized.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

See if any of this helps

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/MAC-photos-computers-incompatible-with-selling-on-ebay-Error/m...

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

There was a post a few days ago from someone having a similar problem. I did some reading (I'm a Mac user also, so I got interested in the issue), and it sounds like a file type conflict. Apple does some funky stuff with file types for photos, which can cause problems when trying to use them on some sites (eBay being one of them). Here's a possible work-around that I found:

IMG_0687.jpeg

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You can also check to make sure your iPhone isn't saving photos in the HEIC format (an Apple creation that seems to be where the problem is regarding compatibility). Go to Settings, open Camera, then open Formats. In there, make sure "Most Compatible" is selected:

IMG_0695.jpeg

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I have windows and for two days havent been able to upload any pictures.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply