Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I sell my Ebay Business store to another person

Selling my business and Ebay store to another owner. Can this be done

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: can I sell my Ebay Business store to another person

How would new owner be recognised on your account by ebay once they register for managed payments? A low selling limit, payment holds and 9000+ positive feedback score? I think you need to ask ebay the legality of selling an ebay account to another individual. If they have to put their details into the account the selling limit will stop them being able to list all the inventory you sell them. I think there is to many ifs here because new person can't simply gain top rated seller rating that way.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

No.  YOU established the account and achieved the seller status.  Who knows what kind of seller the other person is or will be? It's misleading don't you think to start out on an established account with feedback you didn't  earn?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would anyone buy your eBay store ? They could open their own.......what value does it have ?

An eBay store has a monthly fee, why would anyone give you money for your store and pay monthly fees when they could open their own store and just pay monthly fees ?

The eBay store itself has no value, but your inventory does if you're selling it. Wouldn't make sense to sell your inventory on eBay, all the profit would be gone for the buyer/seller.

You would be looking at Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace to sell it.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

You can sell the inventory.   Sellers do that all the time.  

Typically, the only thing of tangible "value" for an online e-tailer is the inventory.  Might be different if you had your own website, etc.    

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

The value of your Store is in your inventory, your feedback rating, and your client list.

Your inventory is yours to dispose of as you wish.

Most eBay sellers don't have a client list unless they are in a niche with many repeat buyers. And of that few, many with repeat buyers have already moved them to their own websites.

Your Store name is likely meaningless to the majority of buyers who are buying from "eBay" and are only marginally aware that there are millions of sellers here none of whom are "eBay".

So really what you are selling is a feedback score. Which is useless without a Managed Payments account.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I believe it’s against eBay policy to transfer ownership of an account to someone else.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

No.

It's against policy.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

If you know what your doing, it can be done.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Why you want to sell your business?

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would anyone buy your eBay store ? They could open their own.......what value does it have ?

An eBay store has a monthly fee, why would anyone give you money for your store and pay monthly fees when they could open their own store and just pay monthly fees ?

The eBay store itself has no value, but your inventory does if you're selling it. Wouldn't make sense to sell your inventory on eBay, all the profit would be gone for the buyer/seller.

You would be looking at Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace to sell it.

I think the OP means selling the account - that would include feedback history and establishment on the site, which are of value. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@fastraxup wrote:

Selling my business and Ebay store to another owner. Can this be done

NO it can't.

In the interests of protecting our buyers and sellers, and maintaining a safe marketplace, you can't sell your eBay account or change its ownership.

When you develop a strong Feedback rating and satisfy your customers, your eBay account has value. Feedback is intended to give a vew into a seller's performance, however, so we don't allow accounts to be transferred or sold.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 13 of 13
latest reply