cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer is in a hurricane area ??!!

I just sold something to someone in Gainesville Florida

there is a major hurricane storm heading there right now

I am wondering what to do.

how is fedex going to deliver to a disaster zone ?

why is someone even buying something with a major disaster hours away ???

should I cancel the sale ???

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm from Florida, hurricanes only last a few hours at most. Power may be out for a day or two, but life will go on. By the time your package gets delivered, the storm will have passed, and postal service will have been restored with plenty of time. You will be fine, things become exaggerated if only watching the news for updates. Do not cancel, you have no reason to. Ship your item and stay positive all will be fine. Best of luck to you.... 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I'm from Florida, hurricanes only last a few hours at most. Power may be out for a day or two, but life will go on. By the time your package gets delivered, the storm will have passed, and postal service will have been restored with plenty of time. You will be fine, things become exaggerated if only watching the news for updates. Do not cancel, you have no reason to. Ship your item and stay positive all will be fine. Best of luck to you.... 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Agree with Lamber............shipping co will hold the item until it can be delivered if necessary.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Ship within your handling time. eBay will ding you if you do not.

There will be(should be) some "seller protection" for sellers in that area, but not for sellers shipping to there.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Gainsville wasn't affected by the hurricane at all.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

The hurricane has passed Florida.

The entire state wasn't trashed—mostly in the area around the SW corner where Ian first hit land. The hurricane was hundreds of miles away from Gainesville.

If someone is at their house shopping on eBay the day after a hurricane passed through their state, they they weren't affected.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@time-to-go-hiking wrote:

why is someone even buying something with a major disaster hours away ???

Not your concern

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

^Didn't mean for that to come out like that. What I meant was...in a very nice voice...why someone buys something or what they intend to do with it really is not a concern for the seller.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@mod-mod-world wrote: ...  If someone is at their house shopping on eBay the day after a hurricane passed through their state, they they weren't affected.

As my niece (who lives in Boynton Beach) says: "Florida is a very tall state."

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

thank you to all, I guess watching the news last night made me think the situation was worse than it really was

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I was concerned that if the package was undeliverable I would be charged by FedEx to return it to me

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@time-to-go-hiking wrote:

I was concerned that if the package was undeliverable I would be charged by FedEx to return it to me

This is a concern even without a potential weather disaster in the making.

Not grounds for cancelling a sale, in my book.

Hope all goes well for you and your buyer...

Message 12 of 12
latest reply