cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer did not pick up its parcel and the parcel been returned and signed for to the wrong address

Hi, I have an issue in hand, not something that I have experienced before and need any help.

buyer did not pick up its parcel, there was an attempted delivery and for a few weeks the parcel was pending pick up but the buyer failed to pick it up. The parcel then been "returned" to sender and been signed for BUT to the wrong address (no to my sellers address). In fact its been returned and signed for to an address in a different city and not by myself. Where do I stand???? The buyer has sent me a message and I assume is looking for a refund.

The buyer has only contacted me yesterday in regards to this matter, i didnt even realise that this has been going on. The item has been posted to her over a moth ago.

To make things worst the printed signature on the parcel that has been returned is the buyers last name. How odd?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

buyer did not pick up its parcel and the parcel been returned and signed for to the wrong address

If you have the parcel back take a picture of the parcel & signature of the return in the buyers same last name, email a photo of that to the buyer and state someone with his surname returned the item back to the wrong address. If your have the original item in same conditrion back with you ask him to open a return through eBay. Only refund through the eBay return process or you will run into all kinds of problems. If you don't have the original item back again show a photo of the documentation sending it to the wrong city. Do not refund it if you don't yet have it back. Call eBay and see what they say in that case. And if case opened and you don't have the item back do not refund just keep calling eBay and tell them what is going on, show them the evidence its sent back to a wrong address. It may take a few phone calls to get a good rep

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That's the thing, I have never receieved the item back. it was returned to a different address in a different city. The printed name and signature on the return is different to mine and infact the printed name on the return has been accepted with the buyer's original last name. someone has suggested in a different forum that the buyer may have had a forwarding address to a different city as the same last name has been signed for on the returned parcel. If that is the case i am once again amazed by how low customer will go to get free goods. I will definitely escelate this case to ebay.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

They are trying to get free goods in this case call eBay and show them the documentation you have showing the parcel never was sent back to you and signed for by the person who bought the goods or their relative. Do escelate this case to ebay make sure you get a good rep, if you don't like the answer the first rep gives you call again. Eventually one should side with you and rule in your favour, hopefully they side with you the first time you call them. Not sure if a return case was already opened by the scammer. If it has eBay should close in your favour. Do not refund or offer him a refund. Block his eBay ID. Don't reply to his messages. These people should not be referred to as customers or buyers when they are trying to scam free goods they are commiting online theft. There needs to be something in place to stamp out this low behavior.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You need to contact your post office about this. The package should have come back to you. Find out if the buyer has a change of address on file with USPS and got the item shipped to it. Get proof from the post office that this is the case. Their buyer protection is voided if it was. If someone signed for it was it over $750.00? And does it show package delivered or returned on the tracking? Definitely get USPS involved and let your buyer know you are.
=================================================
Search for Anything. 0 results.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Op is in the UK............  so their mailing system may be different than ours......  Best thing is to ask on the UK board.

US tracking system would show if the item was forwarded.......  don't know if UK would show that.

Calling Ebay is the only option to straigten it out.....

Message 6 of 6
latest reply