cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boot camp where is it on these boards? frustrated rant

ok i signed up for boot camp and got my intro email. now i am ready to view boot camp video but i cant find it or the boot camp chat on these community discussion boards. why cant they just put a category for boot camp and have it readily displayed. above in the ebay community. its totally frustrating to me, that ebay cant do anything which seems so simple and obvious, but i have been frustrated before here and with ebay but no amount of complaining can get through to them. i feel that Ebay and I are on a different planet and there is no open line of communication on anything. 

i lost my power on Friday here in NJ and did not have power for over 2 days. it felt like i was cut off from the rest of the world. it feels the same way anytime i contact Ebay or try to make any sense of anything here.  

the only communication open is here on the boards from very good other Ebay members. not from Ebay CS or Employees of these boards.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: boot camp where is it on these boards? frustrated rant

alan@ebaywrote:

Hi @lloydsteventaylor

The link to the Boot Camp discussion board was provided in the email that was sent to you. The board doesn't appear in the Community navigation as the board is intended for participants of Boot Camp. 

Hope this helps! 

Then you should probably remove the feed to the Topics on the Community Home Page.  I collected up the link yesterday, but I promise I'll only read... Smiley Wink

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

@ted_200 wrote:

alan@ebaywrote:

Hi @lloydsteventaylor

The link to the Boot Camp discussion board was provided in the email that was sent to you. The board doesn't appear in the Community navigation as the board is intended for participants of Boot Camp. 

Hope this helps! 

Then you should probably remove the feed to the Topics on the Community Home Page.  I collected up the link yesterday, but I promise I'll only read... Smiley Wink

You can read, no problem at all! white_check_mark

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

So, if someone signed up but didn't get any email they are just out of luck? According to many other posters, I'm not the only one....

Why all the hoopla if this was intended to be by invitation only? Because if this is true, in practice....that's what happened.

Invite all, but only let some folks who fit some sort of sooper-sekrit speshul criteria participate...and those are the only ones who got the email.

Please say this isn't so!

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Hi all - We're looking into the issue why some of you did not get your email. 

Please be sure to check the email address associated with your eBay account (including checking spam filters and the “promotions” tab if you’re using gmail). If you have multiple eBay accounts, your Boot Camp email will be sent to the one you were logged in under when you registered for Boot Camp (that means you may have to check multiple email addresses). If this is indeed the case with you, please let me know. 

Each Boot Camp lesson consists of an email lesson, a video lesson or two and a discussion board. You can find the first email lesson here and the discussion board here

Apologies for the rough start and hope you can join us for Boot Camp. 

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

If you have a non ebay employee ID sign in with that call your CS and pretend to be a run of the mill seller asking about ebay boot camp. Get a good chuckle when they tell you it was canceled due to lack of participation...

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

@audrey_tracywrote:

Hi all - We're looking into the issue why some of you did not get your email. 

Please be sure to check the email address associated with your eBay account (including checking spam filters and the “promotions” tab if you’re using gmail). If you have multiple eBay accounts, your Boot Camp email will be sent to the one you were logged in under when you registered for Boot Camp (that means you may have to check multiple email addresses). If this is indeed the case with you, please let me know. 

Each Boot Camp lesson consists of an email lesson, a video lesson or two and a discussion board. You can find the first email lesson here and the discussion board here

Apologies for the rough start and hope you can join us for Boot Camp. 

I was booted from camp and was signed up with no email. I think it was a more than some people issue.

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 21 of 26
latest reply

I think you need to check the email you received on the first day as the thread is not available now.  Sorry.Smiley Sad

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

I received my first email on March 6th, but this is March 12 and the second email/lesson is suppose to come on Monday's and I haven't received mine yet? 

I'm looking forward to this boot camp the first week gave me some good ideas I was looking forward to today for the second email.

Kimberly M Burt
Message 23 of 26
latest reply

I believe they said they had some "issues" and to expect the 2nd email/lesson today (March 12th)

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 24 of 26
latest reply

I know there were issues right off the bat when it started.  

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Hi Gang = Week Two's lesson is hitting inboxes right now. 

The Boot Camp email will be sent to the email you were logged in under when you registered for Boot Camp. We don’t have a way to look up/confirm what email that was, so if you have multiple eBay ID’s, check the email address associated with each. Be sure to check your spam folders and the “promotions” tab if you are using Gmail.

Also, for lessons 2-4, we’ll be sending the emails to “My Messages” so please check there as well.  

You can find lesson #1 here: http://ebay.to/2tKLgxe

And lesson #2 here: http://ebay.to/2FLxNd2

Don’t worry, you are not behind; these lessons are self-paced, so do it at your own speed. Thanks for joining us!

Message 26 of 26
latest reply