Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

Invoice fee for $16.50

I got a random fee for $16.50 and I have no clue what it is from. I have not sold anything and the only things I have sold were either scammers/bots that were never going to actually buy my items.

Resolved! Chargeback Made On PayPal, Only Seller Protection Unless Paypal Wins?

Received an email last night that a buyer filed a chargeback on Paypal for a $165 item. Reason for the chargeback was Unauthorized Purchase. Item was delivered and signed for a week ago. Never heard a word from the customer, just this chargeback a we...

No longer receiving listing confirmation emails

This past Saturday (10/17/2015) I stopped receiving eBay emails regarding listing confirmations (for no particular reason). I checked my notification preferences and I should be receiving them. I've come to use these emails in record and inventory ke...

Resolved! Buyer wants to return an iPod, even though it's exactly as described in the auction

I recently auctioned a used iPod Nano. The listing said, "Battery works only when Nano is connected to a power source." The buyer initiated a return, and wrote to me: "Hi there, unfortunately the iPod dies right after being removed from the charger. ...

Seller offered me a (very small) discount.

I came across a item that i was interested in. $9.79 with free shipping. I was interested in buying a quantity of 5-10. I messaged the seller and asked if he might be able to offer me a discount on a quantity of 5-10 units. He was nice enough to mess...

User avatar by Superstar
  • 5 replies
  • 1 helpful

Buyers Not Paying after making best offer. Time for ebay to change its policy?

I am sure many sellers have experience frustration with the best offer feature. It is a great tool that spurs engagement with buyers and opens the lines of communication. I have found that many buyers are making best offers then not paying once the o...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 8 replies
  • 4 helpful

USA Postage Stamps

Why are people trying to sell 1c - 3c common postage stamps for $1,000 to $5,000 dollars. Used 1c -10c common stamps are being listed on eBay for thousands of dollars which is absolutely crazy. Can't something be done to stop people with 0 to 99 rati...

Resolved! Buyer abusing return & still wins return case

The same day the item got delivered, the buyer opened a case as "Doesn't match description or photos" with comment: "N" and that same day I got a message from the buyer: "I need to return. It's still in the same package you sent. Thanks for your coop...

• 16 replies
  • 1 helpful

Sales November 2019

Is it just me or other's are also feeling the pinch? In the 14+ years I have been on ebay, I have never experienced a 50% drop in sales from last month October. Is something going on with ebay? Spoken with ebay, no holds or anything to hinder the sal...

Promoted Listings are Ruining Quality Control on eBay

Since promoted listings started it has been increasingly difficult to compete with sellers who use these promoted listings as a pay to win strategy. Unfortunately many of these sellers I notice using these promoted listings are lower quality sellers ...

Ebay wouldn't refund Promo ad fee... Help?

Hi, after a recently failed deal, Ebay gave me a refund of the Final Value Fee and the final value fee on Shipment. But no refund of the Promo Ad Fee. And I read that it must be returned to me, too! What to do? From what I read, Ebay staff people rea...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer wants what was in picture, didnt read description

I am selling a small item where the buyer can purchase 1 to 100. I have a picture showing 9 of them, but the auction description clearly states that the number in the picture is not necessarily the amount you will get unless you buy that amount. He i...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Communication DSR

I have all perfect metrics except for the COMMUNICATION DSR which currently stands at 4.8. Since ebay sends shipment info when the item ships (right? or do i have that wrong?), what am I supposed to do? Send a redundant shipping notice and smooch som...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 28 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors