cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic payment from accepted offers

Had a bit of confusion with a buyer tonight, upshot was when I accepted their offers they automatically paid and didn't realize it.  Plus there was no opportunity to send a combined invoice.

Then when I made an offer and it was accepted the same thing happened. It was a little unnerving.

I guess it's ebay's way to make sure no unpaid sales?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Do you have it turned on ?

You can turn it off.

1000004314.jpg

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

If you're not aware, Ebay opted all sellers into the auto-pay w/o even letting them know. I would recommend turning off the requirement at the bottom of the page in the link below, but that's up to you. Many buyers are refusing to bid or make offers because of this.

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 00-03-07 Buyer Management eBay.png

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I thought you posted you were leaving eBay. Changed your mind or ? Possibly I have you confused with another one here. 🤔

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I'd say the majority of goodbye posts are bogus, unless they have a restricted account.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Not happy?

Ebay claims auto pay as a smoother & more convenient payment for buyers

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

In another thread I talked about what to do with my stockpiles of unlisted inventory, whether to list and try to sell it, or dispose of it. I am working through it while curtailing the amount of time I spend listing. 

I didn't realize this new feature was about automatic payment, I thought it was establishing the customers had a payment method lined up. It only seems to be kicking in with stuff I am accepting offers for, not for regular sales which as usual are often not paid for instantly.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thank you so much for this information.  I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to shut the auto pay off so I can combine accepted offer shipments without having to have my buyers pay individually and then I refund the shipping difference.  I know eBay is doing this to cut down on the non-payments, but honestly, that isn't a problem for me.  I've had very few in the last 15 years.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

In another thread I talked about what to do with my stockpiles of unlisted inventory, whether to list and try to sell it, or dispose of it.

Yes, and you also posted about possibly leaving eBay to focus on Amazon. It wasn't that long ago. Change of heart?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply