cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your items are waiting in carts. Now make the sale.

I just love it when ebay sends me this message. 

"Your items are waiting in carts. Now make the sale."

Drop the Price
to Make the Sale
Lower the price by 5% on these items in shoppers’ carts,
and we’ll email them to say their deal got better.

Really ebay, compared to prior 31 days my sales are down 29.2%

From a year ago my sales are down 59.8%

And they want me to lower the price to make a sale.

Well ebay, how about you stop trying to be Amazon, 

My favorite saying is...."if it isn't broke, don't fix it"

But then again they are not fixing anything that has the glitches either.

Keep on treading.

Message 1 of 61
latest reply
60 REPLIES 60

Re: Your items are waiting in carts. Now make the sale.

@ted_200 wrote:

@coolections wrote:

It's letting you know the site is working correctly, people are seeing your stuff, people are interested in your stuff. Since no one has bought your stuff, maybe you can make a sale by lowering the price 5%. You either make some cash, or let it sit with watchers. You can then be authorised to blame Ebay for no sale. It's always your choice.

If the buyer is sitting around waiting for a better price to come from the seller, because they know that's how eBay is working things these days, I'd have to say blaming eBay might be justified. 

More likely, the watchers have no intention of buying it, and they never will unless they get offered 90% off.

You're assuming that all sellers price their items reasonably to begin with.  Plenty of them don't.

Message 46 of 61
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@ted_200 wrote:

@coolections wrote:

It's letting you know the site is working correctly, people are seeing your stuff, people are interested in your stuff. Since no one has bought your stuff, maybe you can make a sale by lowering the price 5%. You either make some cash, or let it sit with watchers. You can then be authorised to blame Ebay for no sale. It's always your choice.

If the buyer is sitting around waiting for a better price to come from the seller, because they know that's how eBay is working things these days, I'd have to say blaming eBay might be justified. 

More likely, the watchers have no intention of buying it, and they never will unless they get offered 90% off.

You're assuming that all sellers price their items reasonably to begin with.  Plenty of them don't.

Actually, I've complained about that very thing and asserted if reduced price offers sent by sellers and eBay adding unwanted Make Offer for buyers to listings become widespread and "expected" on eBay, sellers are likely to price stuff even higher to leave room for that negotiation.   You already have sellers who want to run everything in Markdown Manager from Day 1, but that's just a fake "Sale" when there was never any intention to charge that price to begin with. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 47 of 61
latest reply

I suspect this is email is part of ebay secret buying algorithm that buys items to appear like its an actual customer. When you get this email you dont have to lower the price. In fact I often raise the price on those random items.

Message 48 of 61
latest reply

2 word answer

Message 49 of 61
latest reply

I am not sure what ebay is doing, i get these messages items in carts, eyes watching, yet ebay seems to expect that I'm going to take the time to each listing individually to change the price. Didn't ebay include anything to enable a seller to do what they request without it taking forever?? maybe little check boxes next to each item  really..... ebay is just soooooo,...... you finish the rest, and i will agree.

Message 50 of 61
latest reply

I agree. I tried one out of curiosity, expecting to get a popup Edit box of some kind with the 5% reduction in price already filled in. Guess that's beyond them.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 51 of 61
latest reply

I have things in my cart right now - better to see a cart than get constant reminders that an item I have on the watch list is ending - plus the item will sit there until I have the money to pay for it or a coupon comes along I can use. I had something sitting in my cart for a couple of weeks - used the 20% off coupon on it last night. I really like the cart. Things get forgotten about until the last day if it's on the watch list.

Message 52 of 61
latest reply

Does anyone know how to get Ebay to STOP sending this annoying email?  I have looked at "settings", but I have had no luck. 

Message 53 of 61
latest reply

SAME hear Everyday they send me this stupid message

HOW CANYOU MAKE THEM STOP.  It is annoying as all hell.

Message 54 of 61
latest reply

It's to the point that when I get a notification I don't even get excited anymore.

I can remember when a notification was a good chance something sold!

Now it could be almost anything, heck they even notify me to tell me "You're All Caught Up!"

Message 55 of 61
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:
I have to disagree...I buy a LOT here...huge collector. I move multiple items from the same seller into the cart and then ask for a combined shipping amount. Sometime the cart works and sometimes it doesn't. but I always (mostly lol) get a discount.

The watch list I use for things that I really like but have to wait for funds to become available to get. Sometimes I change my mind and don't buy, or the item gets sold, yay for the seller, but a LOT of the time I buy.

We are NOT all fence sitters. And it kinda hurts to be lumped into that group.

I realize there are exceptions.  As you stated, you used the cart and then ask for an invoice, that's very different from those who put things in a cart and let them sit for weeks without purchasing. That's what the watch list is for. The cart is designed for immediacy in purchasing. It's very obvious that when an item is on a watch list or in a cart and ebay offers a generous 15% coupon, which still fails to produce a sale, most of these individuals aren't serious buyers as you are.  Thank you for being a much needed and appreciated buyer here!

Message 56 of 61
latest reply

Ebay and the folks that dream this stuff are INSANE

Message 57 of 61
latest reply

I came here trying to find out what happens on the seller end when somebody adds something to a cart, still don't know - I guess there is no indication.
Personally, I use the cart to manage my monthly budget of about $200 between Amazon and eBay - my watch list is rarely used and never to buy - just to watch. So items go in my cart, and between the two carts I can pull stuff out or put stuff back in from the 'save for later,' to match what I can spend - and the purchases happen pretty much all at once, with trickles of exceptions following until I'm broke (development/startup). Amazon supports about 8 categories of saved items for later reference. Stuff I did research for and went an alternate path on, that I might want to get back to. So Amazon is winning the convenience war for sure.

Message 58 of 61
latest reply

What's funny is I started making more sales then I ever have before in the 10 years I've sold on eBay,
by.....drumroll.....RAISING MY PRICES. 

Message 59 of 61
latest reply

these messages are a pain in my a--  as they show up as messages and then after u delete them they e-mail you

I see that that items are being watched -wish they would stop this PLEASE 

Message 60 of 61
latest reply