cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're invited! New eBay payment handling

Per eBay message:

• What are the key benefits?

One place to sell and get paid: manage all your selling and payments needs from within your eBay account.

- Simpler bills: all your fees in one place on your eBay bill.

- Consolidated pricing: all your fees in one place on one bill, plus special pricing for early opt-in*.

Daily payouts: direct to your bank account. No need to transfer funds between accounts.

- New ways for buyers to pay: such as mobile payments with Apple Pay.

- Better protection: claim and chargeback seller protections provided by eBay, with one place to manage disputes.

- More control: accept your exclusive invitation now to get a head start on adapting your business to selling and getting paid on eBay.

I would like to have seen something about fees but I guess that will have to wait.

Overall, what I see so far looks good.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 1 of 325
latest reply
324 REPLIES 324

EBAY,

We no longer trust you, its as simple as that. 

THERE IS NO WAY I'D TRUST YOU WITH MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER - AND YOU SAY  ITS REQUIRED FOR THE NEW EBAY PAYMENTS FOR VERIFICATION. 

You need to accept a EIN as an alternative, if you cannot, you seriously need to rethink your business model!

Message 16 of 325
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

Actually this is early.  Invitations were said to be going out in September.

That is what I read somewhere as well. That the eBay employees would begin testing it in mid July and then invites to sellers sometime in September. Wonder if too many eBay employees said "I'm not touching that!"

Message 17 of 325
latest reply

Direct to your bank account?  No need to transfer funds between accounts?

You should all know by now what ebay says and what actually is going on is not always the same.   This is the same processor used on etsy.  What this means for the seller is, they can no longer go down to the nearest atm and get their cash as soon as they are paid.  They cannot use that cash to buy something else until they transfer it to themselves first over a matter of days. 

The program timeline works like this:  You get paid, next day you are able to transfer the money to your own bank acccont, and the day after than it will likely be available to you.  So in this case the cheery message of not having to transfer funds is not exactly of any benefit to a seller.  

I already use this program on the other site. I do not see any benefit to a seller. 

Message 18 of 325
latest reply

Ebay STILL has not answered the question as to whether I can use PayPal as my funding account for Ayden.

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 19 of 325
latest reply

I only use PayPal with eBay I believe PayPal will still be a payment option for some years to come. But don't quote me on that they are always changing things. One things for sure I don't want to use credit cards and banks there is always hidden charges involved.

Message 20 of 325
latest reply

But I want to use PayPal as my “bank account”, the account eBay pays into from my Aden account. As I said, eBay STILL has not answered my question as to whether that will be possible. If not, why not?

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 21 of 325
latest reply

Me to I want to use PayPal as bank account if not it will be bye bye, they want your social security as ID now what happens when they get hacked next all your details get stolen. I found this info

All cleared funds will generally be paid in a daily batch and directly to your bank account, regardless of how your buyer chooses to pay. From your bank account, you can access your funds directly, with no need to transfer funds between accounts. In addition, we're working with our financial partners to enable even more options for speedy access to your earnings. 

Message 22 of 325
latest reply

Better protection: claim and chargeback seller protections provided by eBay, with one place to manage disputes.

Yeah, we've seen how well their regular seller protection works. I have a feeling that this will make eBay more of a 'scammer heaven'.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 23 of 325
latest reply

buyers will continue to use various payment methods - including PayPal - they will pay eBay rather than paying sellers. eBay will then disburse payments to sellers bank account daily.

No thanks this is very scary! eBay Pays to sellers bank direct daily then I think one will have to then transfer from the bank to PayPal and pay the transfer fee. But what are the extra fees going to be? Transfer fee from eBay to your bank, plus bank fees?

Message 24 of 325
latest reply

Better protection claim comes straight out of sellers money before it even hits the sellers bank acc on the daily deposits?

Message 25 of 325
latest reply

What was that old saying from the military?

"Never be first.  Never be last.  Never volunteer."

I've never been (willingly) an "early adopter".  Let someone else be first to be entangled in any software glitches.  And with eBay software you KNOW there will be lots of glitches.

Message 26 of 325
latest reply

Special pricing?

I'm not paying a subcription fee to give someone money. E, F & G that.

Message 27 of 325
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

@myboardid wrote:

I got this also - they expect us to opt in without telling us what the fees will be, what the "special pricing" will be.  And right now, you can get your buyer's email through paypal, but I'm betting you won't be able to do so after  the change. 

Also, I use a third party vendor for listing, and they are telling me I will have to use the seller hub.  I don't even know how to do that. 

Looks like they're cutting out all 3rd party listers?

I think that the 3rd party listing programs will be added after all the main testing is done.

Once they are finished testing, they will open the payments API to the developers of those 3rd party Applications.

Makes sense to me. This is complex enough without having to figure out if a bug is being caused by eBay code or by Auctiva (for example)

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 28 of 325
latest reply

@missjen831

If they don't meet their numbers like 3 day guaranteed don't be surprised one day to learn they've simply went into your account and made the switch for you. I'd watch this like a hawk.

My understanding is this is a few months early and if that is the case it's to potentially extend lead time to test and get people signed up early should they need to make "adjustments" given the less than excited responses from sellers when other recent programs were introduced. 

The truth has few friends but many enemies.
No one is perfect, though a mirror and the right clothes may make some think otherwise.
Message 29 of 325
latest reply

" Better protection: claim and chargeback seller protections provided by eBay, with one place to manage disputes".

We have one place now to manage disputes and there are enough examples of how well that has protected sellers that "Better protection" is more of a projection with the anticipation of participation than an explanation.

With direct access to our bank accounts, it sounds is if buyers won't be able to file a complaint with their credit card company as they do now when things don't go their way.   That doesn't sound logical.  If they can do it with PayPal, I can't see where they won't be able to do it with eBay. 

I don't mind transferring funds as this is a way I can help my niece with some of her college expenses and it's not on my bank statement.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 30 of 325
latest reply