cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You Do Not Have To Except Return?

First Time I Ever Got One Like This, If I Don't Except Return What Happens?, Do They Refund The Buyer Anyway & They Keep The Item?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: You Do Not Have To Except Return?

Aha!

Feedback Extortion!

You've just won your case.

Write down exactly what happened with times and Report the scammer.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en
https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

I'm not sure if you can add screenshots to Chats, but if he was using Messages to make his demands, the eBay staffers who cover the social media accounts will be able to see those.

You want to write everything down, in part because it will clear your own mind, and in part because it will speed up the Chat.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

There's nothing more unnerving than having another fellow seller give you headaches and try and rip you off. I haven't an ounce of tolerance for it.

I would call ebay and whine about it until they remove it.

I had another seller buy a DVD a few months back and open a case stating I sent him the wrong DVD, which was baloney. The DVD he sent back was the DVD he ordered.

I then viewed his feedback and realized he bought the exact same DVD from another seller with the same exact same lying claim and left them negative feedback.

At that point I came unglued, told him off. I gave him an ultimatum, either go back remove the garbage feedback he left that other seller, or I get on phone and he gets reported, no exceptions. He quickly changed his tune. He ended up apologizing and removed the negative he left them. He knew he was wrong.

Anytime you're dealing with scammy garbage sellers like the one you just dealt with, check their feedback, it can tell you a lot.

Message 17 of 25
latest reply

They don't like it

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

I don't agree with a no return policy because people will sell you a piece of crap and then say no returns.

There is an eBay guarantee that applies to all sales so really the "No Returns" is sort of not real.

Message 19 of 25
latest reply

you return his money but he's not surely return your item..do you connect any time your customer.. you handling your customer normally. customer is your future.

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

The seller is not required to refund UNTIL the item has been returned.

This is true even if the seller has a No Returns policy.

The seller is allowed to demand return of the disputed product.

(The seller will probably have to pay for the return shipping.)

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

The Seller Actually Cancelled The Return, After All This!!

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

The SELLER cancelled the return?

Weren't you the seller?

Did the BUYER cancel the return?

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Sorry!, My Bad!, I Meant Buyer Cancelled Return

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

What type of return was it in the first place? If you had the option to decline the return, you do not have to accept it, but if there was not an actual option there saying "decline return" then you have to accept it. 

In some cases, you will have the ability to chose the decline option if the buyer has lost MBG program protection. 

The only times that declining a return is allowed is if they give you the option to choose it on the return case. Otherwise you have to accept it. If you believe there is a glitch, you should contact eBay for business and get a dedicated ebay support member to directly look at the case. Sometimes, if they do see something is wrong they will close the return for you (especially if it is MBG program removal for buyer). 

Anything remorse related (with a no return policy) should be covered for you to have it declined. If the buyer is trying to extort through feedback, review, or even threatening payment dispute, contact eBay right away. If they close the case in your favor, even if the buyer opens a dispute with their bank or card, eBay will cover you for any transaction where eBay has closed the case in your favor.

Unfortunately, if you do not have a case closed in your favor before a dispute is opened, then eBay cannot cover you if the payment institution awards the buyer with a refund. So if a buyer does ever go down the "threatening" road, it's always best to contact eBay just in case the behavior eligible for MBG removal or case closure. That way even if they do open a case outside of eBay, you have eBay protection for reimbursement no matter which way the case is decided. 

Message 25 of 25
latest reply