cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes, email me when an item sells. Is there a button for this? Pay Pal was soooo good about this.

Yes, Pay-Pal sent an email almost instantly after a buyer paid for one of my items. It was very convenient for me. I didn't have to log into Ebay and wait for the pages to load. Also, Pay-Pal let me know what buyer had paid for an item in that email along with their confirmed address on file with Pay-Pal. Is there an option button somewhere here on Ebay that will shoot me an email with this info?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Yes, email me when an item sells. Is there a button for this? Pay Pal was soooo good about this.

Must be somewhere as I still get emails for a sale and payment. I would think its in the "site preferences".?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Yes, email me when an item sells. Is there a button for this? Pay Pal was soooo good about this.

Check your site preferences (communication preferences)

eBay send me an email when sold & paid (contains buyer info)

eBay send me an email when sold but not paid (does not contain buyer info)

eBay send me an email when paid (contains buyer info)

They come "instantly".

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I went there and clicked edit, and nothing happens. In fact, none of the edit buttons when clicked do anything for me on that page. The edit buttons work for me on the site preference page, but when I click and get the communication preference page, none of those work for me. I tried two different devices and get the same result. Any other ideas?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

One other thing, emails came in instantly before I switched over to MP last week. Since then, the emails have stopped. Have you switched over to MP? And if so, did you have to go in and edit some things afterward? Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@internet-coins wrote:

One other thing, emails came in instantly before I switched over to MP last week. Since then, the emails have stopped. Have you switched over to MP? And if so, did you have to go in and edit some things afterward? Thanks.

Yes I'm in MP, I didn't need to do anything.

I get basically the same notifications from eBay that I have always received. The only difference is that since most of my sales are paid for immediately the message now contains both the sale notification and the payment notification in one message.

On the rare occasion when a buyer purchases but doesn't pay for a period of time (minutes or hours) I get two seperate messages, one for the sale and one for the payment.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply