cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes e-bay did charged me twice ---- double charge for same 8 relist - e-bay please fix this asap

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Did-e-bay-steal-my-listings-today/m-p/30089551#M1462963

that was my post yesterday.   yes, e-bay did subtract twice for same listings - I was charged yesterday and again today for another 8 for same listings.  take a look.

please e-bay --- fix this nightmare today.   thanks - it affected too many of us ---- no sales dollars to recover this double charge.  

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: Yes e-bay did charged me twice ---- double charge for same 8 relist - e-bay please fix this asap

@7606dennis wrote:

It is usually useless to ask eBay to fix anything by using these member to member discussion boards.  

It is always very helpful to post concerns here and let other members know what's happening. 

In this case, many may not even have noticed what happened (if only a few incorrect fees were charged).

The more that post here with concerns, the faster eBay hopefully will address them.

So let's take UseLess ... and make it UseMore  Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 41
latest reply

Re: Yes e-bay did charged me twice ---- double charge for same 8 relist - e-bay please fix this asap

I had originally thought that none of my accounts were affected by the GTC issue, but I was mistaken.  One was.  it was for 5 listings that I was double charged for with the renewal date policy change issue.

I called Ebay to see what the resolution to this might be.  After he researched to double check what I thought I was seeing he placed a note on my account regarding the double charge.  If as the month goes on and I use up all my free allotment of listings, Ebay will issue me a credit for up to 5 listing fees as they are incurred.

For me that works just fine.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 41
latest reply

I have 31 listings that I am being charged for that don't exist.  Upon seeing this thread I checked my account, I have 84 listings that are being held against my monthly allotment of 1000 listings.  Of the 84,  31 are id numbers that when you search them, they do not exist.  All the others are fine.  This is NOT ok, $3.10 is $3.10, I am very careful about every penny I accrue in my ebay bill, not happy with at all right now.

Message 18 of 41
latest reply

@theoldladysattic wrote:

I have 31 listings that I am being charged for that don't exist.  Upon seeing this thread I checked my account, I have 84 listings that are being held against my monthly allotment of 1000 listings.  Of the 84,  31 are id numbers that when you search them, they do not exist.  All the others are fine.  This is NOT ok, $3.10 is $3.10, I am very careful about every penny I accrue in my ebay bill, not happy with at all right now.

I completely understand and agree that it is an issue.  I encourage you to call Ebay as I did and get the matter resolved for your account.  It only took me a few minutes.  

For me, I choose the call back option for the Call Center.  They called me within just a couple minutes or less.

While I really know and respect how frustrating this problem is.  Keep in mind if you decide to call Ebay, you want that CSR to want to help you and do the best for you.  Keeping the conversation polite and professional is the best way to accomplish that.

Help

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

It's important to be aware of where you post a question on Ebay’s Facebook page.  A comment on one of Ebay’s marketing posts won't be answered, but comments posted directly on Ebay’s page will.

Message 19 of 41
latest reply

I don't think you read what I wrote. I manually listed 20 item on July 31 and they were charged against my July allotment of listings. On August 1, when I woke up and logged on, I should have had 1000 new listing available in my Premium store, instead, I had 980 because the SAME listings were charged against my August allotment also. eBay said it was a technical error on their side, not a misunderstanding of the new GTC calender month policy by me. Tyler@eBay mentioned that they are still trying to figure out how to fix and compensate all those that were double charged.

Message 20 of 41
latest reply

@plukje9384 wrote:

I don't think you read what I wrote. I manually listed 20 item on July 31 and they were charged against my July allotment of listings. On August 1, when I woke up and logged on, I should have had 1000 new listing available in my Premium store, instead, I had 980 because the SAME listings were charged against my August allotment also. eBay said it was a technical error on their side, not a misunderstanding of the new GTC calender month policy by me. Tyler@eBay mentioned that they are still trying to figure out how to fix and compensate all those that were double charged.

@plukje9384 

Yes you are correct.  Now you do need to call Ebay and have them put a note on your account as being involved in this problem.  See my post # 17 on this thread.

Message 21 of 41
latest reply

Yes, Thank you! I just got off the phone with customer service. They said that it is expected to take approximately 3 weeks to resolve the technical issue. The lady I spoke to said that for those people that this double charged and caused them to go over their monthly allotment (and therefore can immediately see a listing fee on their bill), they could be refunded. For those of us that this just caused a decrease in out monthly allotment of listings we have available, they are not sure what to do to compensate, and as of now, are not able to just restore the listings. It is still being discussed.

I said that what concerns me more is what will happen on Aug 30/31 if the technical problem still isn't fixed. If it is not fixed, I assume the same thing will happen at the end of Aug (30 and 31st). Listings that renew then or items listed new on those dates would be charged on Aug 30/31 and then again a day later on Sept 1? If so, sellers need to know beforehand. She assured me that she would check on this daily and let me know when things were fixed. If I don't hear anything from eBay by the end of August, I will make sure that all my GTC listings that are scheduled to "roll over" on the 30th or 31st are manually ended on the 29th, and more importantly, not relisted until Sept 1 to avoid the double charge.

Message 22 of 41
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I had originally thought that none of my accounts were affected by the GTC issue, but I was mistaken.  One was.  it was for 5 listings that I was double charged for with the renewal date policy change issue.

I called Ebay to see what the resolution to this might be.  After he researched to double check what I thought I was seeing he placed a note on my account regarding the double charge.  If as the month goes on and I use up all my free allotment of listings, Ebay will issue me a credit for up to 5 listing fees as they are incurred.

For me that works just fine.

When you don't want to believe this is a site-wide issue, it's easier to be mistaken.

If you wanted to be refunded for those incorrect charges, would eBay refund you those charges? (which they should be legally obligated to refund)

Message 23 of 41
latest reply

@theoldladysattic wrote:

If what you say is true and eBay does not refund you and every single seller this happened to ... this would then cross over the line into Consumer Fraud.

Message 24 of 41
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@plukje9384 wrote:

@plukje9384 

Yes you are correct.  Now you do need to call Ebay and have them put a note on your account as being involved in this problem.  See my post # 17 on this thread.

You mentioned in a post on another thread that "the technical issue was fixed."

From what @plukje9384 reported here, the technical issue has not been fixed and it may take 3 weeks. 

I think this issue is far from being resolved, but hopefully eBay get's a handle on it quickly.  They should be working over the weekend in three shifts to address this.

Message 25 of 41
latest reply

thanks for your reply.  how is that possible?  it has to be a company wide issue.  how can they "fix" one seller and not the others?  did CS took care of you?   it should be a company wide correction of programming or take care of the glitch of charging sellers for twice for same listings.

please e-bay moderator, pass the information to tech folks or who ever handle this glitch or issue --- I am not paying in dollars but my allotted listings going away with double charge for each auto list --- my only solution is to end all listings that expire the next day the day before --- losing a day on my listed item and losing possible sale if buyer waited to buy the last day.  

good luck everyone.  keep posting here and create a record so e-bay can see how serious this is.  thanks for all your replies.  I appreciate it.  we need to stay on top of this for sure.  

Message 26 of 41
latest reply

I was mistaken.  They didn't fix mine.  For some strange reason there was a delay in the count.  So for a brief time my item renewed and did not raise my "used" count.  I came here and posted the good news only to return and see that the count had been raise.

Sorry.  I posted a correction as a reply, but those are easy to miss.  @vintagemelrose2009 

Message 27 of 41
latest reply

thanks for your positive vibe thing --- you better check your account / auto listings again - as you can see this is a company wide issue relating to auto listing and the 31 day business that e-bay came up with --- prior to that we did not have that problem since GTC started 3/18/19.  good luck.  calling CS - no good any more.  waste of time and phone charge.

Message 28 of 41
latest reply

the reason for calendar month vs 30 day is so we don't have two listing charge in the same month - 1st and 31st.

so your theory does not make any sense.  thanks for your reply / suggestion.  cheers

Message 29 of 41
latest reply

e-bay moderators keep eye on seller comments and complaints and does get passed to e-bay staff - e.g. tech to 

find solution when e-bay programming is at fault --- they can't continue to ignore such a company wide issue like this.  this also keeps all sellers aware of what is happening.  other option is to call CS -- that is a waste of time as we all know too well.  thanks for your reply.  cheers

Message 30 of 41
latest reply