cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow lines in my product photos!!!

I'm at my witts end!!  I am wanting to up the quality of my listing photos and purchased 3 LimoStudio 3000 watt lightboxes. This has given me PLENTY of light for my items but every time a take a picture yellow lines appear in the photo!!!  Also the picture is always dull even though I have tons of light.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you correct it???  

My lighting is fine (at least I think!) so I'm thinking its my digital camera settings.  At this point I have no clue and would appreciate greatly for any help!  Thank you!!!Lines, Vertical.jpgLines, Horizontal.jpg

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: Yellow lines in my product photos!!!

I don't see any yellow lines.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 80
latest reply

you don't?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 80
latest reply

Nope.

I see some slight shading, but nothing well defined.  Pictures look fine to me.

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 4 of 80
latest reply

My background is striped and my goal is a clean bright white background! 🙂

Message 5 of 80
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

Nope.

I see some slight shading, but nothing well defined.  Pictures look fine to me.

Me too. I'd bet it's the side lights hitting the brown bottle. But it's only very light shading.

@xeniavintage wrote:

My background is striped and my goal is a clean bright white background! 🙂

I don't like listings like that.  They look too much like 'stock' pictures and make me question if the seller is a dropshipper.  I prefer images that let me know without question the seller HAS the item in their posession.

Your images are fine.

Message 7 of 80
latest reply

And cropped tight to the object, most of that won't be apparent at all.

Message 8 of 80
latest reply

I do but don’t know what’s causing them.  So I am of no help!

Message 9 of 80
latest reply

@xeniavintage

Does it happen in all your photos, or just some ?

I don't think it is the bottle reflecting light, the lines seem too off for that.

Are the lines visible to the naked eye, or only seen by the camera ?

What camera or device are you using to take the pics ?

I love photograpy questions.... I am goofy that way...

Message 10 of 80
latest reply

If I were getting this I would ...

(a) retake pictures with each of the lights off to see if one of the lights is causing the problem.

(b) repositioning lights, particularly the overhead light, to see if one or more of them is causing some sort of reflection problem between the back and bottom of the white screen

(c) adjust camera settings

Message 11 of 80
latest reply

@xeniavintage wrote:

I'm at my witts end!!  I am wanting to up the quality of my listing photos and purchased 3 LimoStudio 3000 watt lightboxes. This has given me PLENTY of light for my items but every time a take a picture yellow lines appear in the photo!!!  Also the picture is always dull even though I have tons of light.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you correct it???  

My lighting is fine (at least I think!) so I'm thinking its my digital camera settings.  At this point I have no clue and would appreciate greatly for any help!  Thank you!!!Lines, Vertical.jpgLines, Horizontal.jpg

Appears to be the Grain in the paper --- try shifting the lights so it is more reflected than direct ...

Message 12 of 80
latest reply

It's definitely your camera. MIne started doing the same thing after a few years. I bought a new camera.

It can be edited to what you're wanting though. I used my Canon ZoomBrowser program to do this:bottle.jpg

Message 13 of 80
latest reply

If it was the grain of the paper the lines would not be running in different directons.

The OP has taken the photo holding her camera straight on, then took another photo holding the camera sideways. The lines are running across the camera lens in the same direction.

Message 14 of 80
latest reply

@a*river*runs*through*it wrote:

It can be edited to what you're wanting though. I used my Canon ZoomBrowser program to do this:

Listings with that type of picture are what I try to avoid.

Message 15 of 80
latest reply