cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOU ARE NOT GETTING A REFUND!! IT'S ON THE WAY!!!!

Why are people so determined to be annoying & have absolutely NO PATEINCE when it comes to mail?  YOUR country is responsible for not controlling the pandemic so, if mail takes longer, too bad!!!   It's on the way.  I cannot do anything about it.  I'm not refunding your $750!  A case with customer service was opened this morning.  What happens when you receive it?  Are you going to pay me or steal from me?????  If this money is stolen from me, you can bet eBay will not get another cent from me.  I will be done.   SEVERAL people will not enjoy hearing from me.  They can block the swearing here.  Good luck doing it elsewhere!   lol  Stay safe all.    🙂   PS - I DO NOT want to hear from people saying, "You should do everything you can to help the buyer locate the item, etc, etc.   I'm in Canada.  YOUR postal service is handling it & not updating properly.  You think they will do anything to insist in the matter?   HAHA

Message 1 of 108
latest reply
107 REPLIES 107

Re: YOU ARE NOT GETTING A REFUND!! IT'S ON THE WAY!!!!

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@tellmemama wrote:

.  Also this is the same country that makes sweeping changes to the law when one moron spills hot McDonalds coffee on her lap.

Okay, this kills me every time when people bring this up.

McDonalds knew that 180 degrees was too hot to keep their coffee. They had problems with people getting burned (over 700 reports) long before Mrs. Liebeck was SERIOUSLY burned (third degree burns requiring skin grafts).  All she wanted was her hospital bills paid. McD's offered her $800 for third degree burns that burned through her sweatpants to her thighs and burned down into the muscle tissue.  The coffee was so hot that this took a whopping THREE SECONDS.

Think about that for a minute.

Her recovery took TWO YEARS.

"McDonald’s admitted it had known about the risk of serious burns from its scalding hot coffee for more than 10 years. The risk had repeatedly been brought to its attention through numerous other claims and suits.

• An expert witness for the company testified that the number of burns was insignificant compared to the billions of cups of coffee the company served each year."

So please,  don't call her a moron.

https://www.caoc.org/?pg=facts

Thank you.

Carry on.

I've always enjoyed your point of view and will apologize for the moron comment but 1 or 701 reports doesn't make much difference.  It was a random example to illustrate that laws are rewritten all the time with far fewer victims affected.  And the last time I checked, 701 or even 7,001 scalded is still less than 150,000 dead.

I also know it isn't a good idea to put hot coffee between my legs.  Regardless of what the accepted temperature may be.

<edit: spelling>

Joe

Message 76 of 108
latest reply

"Covid in September? Really? Some varients may possibly have been present (it's a very tenuous theory) but no cases were actually determined until November in China - without a test or a viral sample, how was this determination made?"

Chapeau...I have read many anecdotal accounts of people (and whole departments) getting what they thought was the flu back in December...I started watching the 'new' flu in January.  The people reporting this were working with people coming back from China in Sept/Dec and they got sick, but NOT with the common flu.  They were negative for that.  This caught my attention (being a person who has read up on the 1918 flu A LOT).  I started stocking up in Feb...my hubs thought I was crazy...but here we are. 

Message 77 of 108
latest reply

'demorcrats', lol, and the whole world is in on it?

Message 78 of 108
latest reply

'flue' ????

Message 79 of 108
latest reply

I just have to add in on the McDonald's thing.  I got an egg mc muffin and took it to work.  Took a couple of bites and it tasted like chlorine...make a long story short I took it back to the store and the manager SNATCHED it out of my hand.  I am not a sue type person but he was making sure that I didn't.  they had not rinsed the cleaners out enough before starting breakfast.  OOOOOO what a lawsuit i could have had...dang.

Message 80 of 108
latest reply

@moondogblues 

Yes, no doubt. That is the antics they pull. They got themselves into big mess and now there is no escaping. Hysteria gone wild.

No need for the grammar police. FLU

Message 81 of 108
latest reply

Those types of lawsuits is what the same things the crazies protesting and rioting would do. Bad world we live in today.

Message 82 of 108
latest reply

Thank you for posting this! I have been getting more and more of its lost in the mail give me refund. I explain that ebay gives est dates (which they should be updating in these times). Saying first class package is going be somewhere in 4 days across country is not happening. I give them the tracking, it shows that it is still progressing, and apologize for the wait and I cannot control the mail after it leaves my hands. I tell them if they want to get more detailed information they can contact usps. Which they like to blame again on me and should be my job.  

Message 83 of 108
latest reply

I do realize simple math. Do you know what 80% of 4.4 million is? That is the likely number of false positives. So 20% of 4.4 million being the more likely number of cases is no where near 1% of the population. That higher number is scarier though.

Message 84 of 108
latest reply

I agree with your whole last paragraph. I really do feel horrible for your friends sincerely. That does not stop the fact that using known to be false data as a reason to change our entire way of life is ok. Imagine calling almost any dark spot on the skin melanoma or at least likely to be. And then not allowing anyone in the sun who is related to you. All without even testing.

Look it is awful. But if we do this and act this way with false numbers to air on the side of caution then we will never go back. 

Message 85 of 108
latest reply

Ok so now repeating exactly what the govt has is me being disrespectful. My numbers and quotes are from cdc, world health org, states health depts, and leading medical folks. Not sure how that is social media. 

I have been in hospitals in my area. Ghost towns. People afraid to go in. I never said i didnt believe it existed just that the numbers are knowingly false and politicised much higher. Most out of fear and sympathy dove in head first like yourself. I jist like knowing how deep and dirty the pond is before i dive.

Now you want to know disrespectful? Imagine someone wishing illness and death on others. Ya know like your underhanded comment toward me about going out without a mask to check.

Well i did. 210 retail store visits to source since march. No mask. 

Message 86 of 108
latest reply

@cashvaluerecovery2011 wrote:

I do realize simple math. Do you know what 80% of 4.4 million is? That is the likely number of false positives. So 20% of 4.4 million being the more likely number of cases is no where near 1% of the population. That higher number is scarier though.

Unless you are a doctor, I won't accept your theory.  If these tests are 80% inaccurate, clearly nothing the CDC has posted is relevant since the test is obviously faulty.  Which I highly doubt.  Anything of this importance to the public health with such a huge rate of inaccuracy wouldn't never have continued use.

But before we apply your formula, don't forget the false negatives either.

Joe

Message 87 of 108
latest reply

@cashvaluerecovery2011

We keep waiting for the links on those stats and quotes.....

***crickets***

Message 88 of 108
latest reply

I believe I mentioned the false negatives above as well. Equally important I agree. I am not a doctor though I have friends and family in the field. You do not have to accept what I say of course but it is not theory. Im not guessing im just repeating what has been said by the same sources people are using to make me believe how serious it is. Quite literally folks quote to me gigantic numbers from sources like 4.4 million cases and use that giant number as reason to quarantine, wear masks, lose your job, not see loved ones, get depressed and many other also horrible fates. I see the numbers BUT also read what else they say about the testing. And how its being reported. And why its being recorded this way for the first time in history.

Message 89 of 108
latest reply

@cashvaluerecovery2011 

And those links.....??????

Oh, I see. We should just take your word for it. Gotcha.

Message 90 of 108
latest reply