cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong behavior by buyer

Hello everyone,

i was selling a camera with buy it now and make an offer option. I received an offer and accepted it within 5 min. After that the buyer asked me to cancel the order saying he had just won ander auction (got a better deal). I told him I hadn’t done anything wrong so I wouldn’t cancel the order. I told him as well that he could cancel as the buyer. 

I opened an unpaid item case, finally closed it and got my money back.

then eBay tells me that the buyer was now viewed suspicious. I let the buyer now. And the he starts calling me a scammer, preying on new eBay members (like he is), even asking me how many I had scammed before. 

I mean part of me is just laughing about it, since he was the one who made the offer; I can’t select who’s buying from me.

But at the same time I feel like that behavior isn’t ok. I can’t report him trough eBay anymore because the case is closed...

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Wrong behavior by buyer

Get him on your Blocked Bidder List YESTERDAY.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Wrong behavior by buyer

Already done that!!!
Just a shame eBay doesn’t do anything
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Wrong behavior by buyer

a

@wtich wrote:

Hello everyone,

i was selling a camera with buy it now and make an offer option. I received an offer and accepted it within 5 min. After that the buyer asked me to cancel the order saying he had just won ander auction (got a better deal). I told him I hadn’t done anything wrong so I wouldn’t cancel the order. I told him as well that he could cancel as the buyer. 

then eBay tells me that the buyer was now viewed suspicious. I let the buyer now. And the he starts calling me a scammer, preying on new eBay members (like he is), even asking me how many I had scammed before. 

I mean part of me is just laughing about it, since he was the one who made the offer; I can’t select who’s buying from me.

But at the same time I feel like that behavior isn’t ok. I can’t report him trough eBay anymore because the case is closed...

Any suggestions?

Why would you engage this buyer further by telling him what eay told you -  so he could mess with you and your account.

File non pay, close it, and then block.  The end.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Wrong behavior by buyer

There’s nothing to report him for.

you filed the unpaid item case. Just block him and learn from this-never engage and antagonize the buyer. You didn’t need to contact him and tell him what eBay told you. Did you honestly expect him to react differently?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Wrong behavior by buyer

Probably true. Just wanted to let him know that he was wrong. Cuz he kept blaming me...
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Wrong behavior by buyer

@wtich wrote:
Probably true. Just wanted to let him know that he was wrong. Cuz he kept blaming me...

Do the best you can with each transaction and refuse to allow yourself to get emotionally invested beyond that. It's not healthy.

Stop and ask yourself: "Does this increase my profit?"

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Wrong behavior by buyer

If buyer wants to cancel, just cancel, imagine it was you that wanted to cancel and seller said no and started to file a case against you.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Wrong behavior by buyer

@wtich wrote:
Already done that!!!
Just a shame eBay doesn’t do anything

You already know how ebay works.  I do not risk anything worth over $100 on ebay.  Even with % off fvf offers.

And I do not use Best Offer because every offer on ebay I have accepted, I have either had a scam attempt to soon follow or the buyer has found a 'problem' that a full refund will fix.  If they know you are willing to deal before you sell it, they know that you will be willing to deal to keep the sale.

(*Bleep*)
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Wrong behavior by buyer

Suggestions:

Cancel when asked to.  Buyer could have paid, and claimed SNAD, and you would have to pay return shipping if you wanted it back.  

Don't tell buyers Ebay said they were suspicious.  What can you possibly gain from that?  Why would you do that?

There is an old saying, don't start any problems and there won't be any.

Good Luck.  Nothing to report the buyer for, Ebay already knows they are suspicious.  

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Wrong behavior by buyer

@wtich wrote:

Hello everyone,

Any suggestions? wtich - unquote -------------

Yeah , I totally agree with what the others have already  advised . Since the case was closed the best things to do was just block the buyer  and not have any further conversations  with him . As sellers we have no idea  what type of mind set a buyer may have.   To further engage  them with negative accusations  is not only unnessesary  but also  could be just asking for further trouble .  I  sure hope you've learned a bit   from this bad  experience . Tulips 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Wrong behavior by buyer

True, buyers can start a crusade by messing with your listings, reporting you for no reason and who knows! Be professional and just wish them well and move on.
Dear God, please help me to be
the person my dog thinks I am.
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Wrong behavior by buyer

First Lesson Ebay Sellers Learn is that FLAKES ARE WORLDWIDE.   

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Wrong behavior by buyer

Gotta day tho in my defense, as a buyer you shouldn’t be bidding on two things at the same time and then expect one seller to cancel it for you. And every time someone cancels a transaction eBay counts it as a strike. So and so many strikes and you’re out. So why should I collect strikes on my account when I have done nothing wrong with the transaction?
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Wrong behavior by buyer

@wtich wrote:
I told him as well that he could cancel as the buyer. 

Buyers can't cancel. They can only ask the seller to cancel.

then eBay tells me that the buyer was now viewed suspicious. I let the buyer now.

Any suggestions?

Yes, don't do that. Why antagonize a possible scammer?

Message 15 of 19
latest reply