cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Month in 10+ years!!

Been on eBay since 1998, been selling with multiple accounts and this has been the absoulte WORST April in the past 17 years. Sell usually 20-30 items per day, have had only THREE normal selling day since April 1st!!! So basically no sale in 26 days and calling eBay every single day but nope they say everything is just peachy, sell your products under your cost with free shipping and give the customers the best return policy. Really eBay?? Been chatting with a lot big sellers (100k feedbacks+) and every single one of them told me the same exact thing: sick of fees and more fees, sick of the sales going down month after month, sick of the buyers abusing the system and sellers being left in the cold. Sellers are the ones paying for their CEO and his lifestyle while he is destroying  eBay 1 seller at a the time. Most people who've been here long enough are SICK and TIRED of eBay and their **bleep** policies and rolling black out, it's really time to leave this dump and move on to bigger and better things.

Thanks for reading my rant for the day!

Message 1 of 73
latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

Re: Worst Month in 10+ years!!

"Why do many people say eBay is trying to be like Amazon?"

Coke vs Pepsi

Ford vs Chevy

Bud vs Coors

Mad Dog 20 vs Thunderbird

Message 31 of 73
latest reply

@z50com wrote:

Why do many people say eBay is trying to be like Amazon?

eBay DOESN't have warehouses - but warehouses have been built to store overseas inventory

eBay sells no product - that's right - it's suppose to be a venue but the rules have changed to pretty much copy Amazons

eBay doesn't have any type of shipping program (prime) - but you watch - they will have

eBay's pages are easier to search - Not true - Cassini does not always find the items even with Best Match

Amazon DOESN'T do auctions - they don't need to - Auctions were never part of their format - but the customers desire to have everything one click and it's on it's way is why the push for BINs

These 2 companies are NOTHING alike! Nope - Amazon has grown leaps and bounds and Ebay continues to stagnate

The only thing they have in common is they both have 3rd party sellers. . .

Message 32 of 73
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@tunicaslot wrote:

And your point is????

@tunicaslot

Not sure why but I will explain since you're having a hard time understanding. The OP posted with an I.D. that has done better this month then the whole year so far. If he is doing so bad he should post with the I.D. that is giving him problems so we can help fix the problem.

I was chastised on another thread by several responders because I didn't just let the OP vent, i.e. we're not supposed to try to help. So maybe just skip these threads and use your time to help someone who wants it.

Message 33 of 73
latest reply

I'm having the same problem, I only have one account and im lucky if I sell 1 to 2 items a months.

Message 34 of 73
latest reply

@sharonscreations wrote:

I'm having the same problem, I only have one account and im lucky if I sell 1 to 2 items a months.

Really?? You've sold 13 items this month so far, 27 in March, and 37 in February.  We CAN see sold listings...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 35 of 73
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

@sharonscreations wrote:

Really?? You've sold 13 items this month so far, 27 in March, and 37 in February.  We CAN see sold listings...

We're not supposed to point out things like that. It makes people feel bad.

Message 36 of 73
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@sharonscreations wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@sharonscreations wrote:

See, now you're comparing apples and oranges.  In the other thread, the seller said it was across multiple I.D.'s, but you went ahead and passed judgment based on the I.D. they posted with because you either misread what the OP said or you didn't care what the OP said.  In this case here, the poster clearly stated they had only one I.D. and brought up an incorrect amount of sales.

As I said, you're comparing apples and oranges.   It's always good to try to keep the facts straight.

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 37 of 73
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@sharonscreations wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@sharonscreations wrote:

Then they follow you around and post rude comments because the truth is brought out. It gives them lots of kudos though, they love it.

Message 38 of 73
latest reply

Maybe there could be a rule here to wait until a poster actually asks for comments on their sales and listings before offering critiques. Maybe many people are disturbed by low sales and just want to know if anyone else is  having trouble. 

Message 39 of 73
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@sharonscreations wrote:

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@sharonscreations wrote:

See, now you're comparing apples and oranges.  In the other thread, the seller said it was across multiple I.D.'s, but you went ahead and passed judgment based on the I.D. they posted with because you either misread what the OP said or you didn't care what the OP said.  In this case here, the poster clearly stated they had only one I.D. and brought up an incorrect amount of sales.

As I said, you're comparing apples and oranges.   It's always good to try to keep the facts straight.

You're seriously confused:

1) The seller with multiple selling ID's is the OP in THIS thread.

2) I I didn't make any comments about this OP's sales volume, or anything else directly related to them.

Please get your facts straight.

Message 40 of 73
latest reply

Thanks for your rant. Don't know how or why this discussion devolves into all kinds of name calling and worthless fact checking.

I agree with you.

In my case (and save your energy I don't remember which account) last months bill was $1.80, this month it's 15.28. Gone is a bill for 60-70 or even 80 bucks. Who cares what the count is, it's what you pay. So yeah sales are down.

And I'll never spend one minute worrying about ebay. And I'll never give ebay a dime more than the rules allow. That's the amount of time they spend on me.

I come here now and again to get the mood of other sellers, pick up some advice give a little less because I don't think I know it all.

When an ebayer of 10 years needs a rant, I'll listen.

Message 41 of 73
latest reply

My last invoice from eBay was for $599.53

Message 42 of 73
latest reply

I don't know who you are but, I saw your comments in the spring 2017 discussion. I was so impressed with what you had to say. Unfortunately, they closed the discussion board down. Never had a bill for more than 125.00. For me, and again for my opinion of ebay, I will never sign into a store. Thanks for taking time to add.
Message 43 of 73
latest reply

I'll listen too because we have been on here 17-18 years. After that long a seller knows the difference. Things are not right on ebay. I wont waste any more of my time or Brain on ebay either. I dont and wont EVER worry about their foolish childish defect games, and the seller dashboard. The silly rules, and all the insanity. They turned their back on the very sellers who worked hard and built this place over the years.  Look at this place now. It's worse then BONANZA

Message 44 of 73
latest reply

Yesterday it was like someone turned on the lights and I actually had views for the first time this month. Unfortunately it must have been a joke, because it went back to normal....aka terrible today.

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.”
― Vivian Greene
Message 45 of 73
latest reply