cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish Universe Ebay Closes down

Ebay harasses seller to the maximum. I was registered  seller on Canadian Website .ebay raised invoices for subscription In Canadian dollar. One fine day they ask a Canadian user to sign W-9 form  and provide with US tax number.How a Canadian user provide USA tax numbers or SIN number. They are asking me to close my account which I am using from last 9 years and open new account. How fair is that.

Seller have no control on any transaction or sale oe any authority apart from just listing and than be controlled by ebay.

If ebay closes my account and asking me to open new account all my 9 years of efforts to maintain the account standard will be washed out.

All I wish to Universe the way mine and other sellers like me are been punished and harnessed and forced to close down the sale on ebay for no mistake of us , Ebay face the same. Universe is listening.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Wish Universe Ebay Closes down

Click on your feedback and tell me were it says you are registered??

Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 97%

That is what I see.  That of course is the problem you are having.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@betatechplc-92'

You did register on eBay Canada, and that is why you receive communication from eBay.ca. But you gave a registered address in the US, which was false. You could have used your USA address as your shipping address if you wanted to, but unless you were living there, it was a false address for your registration address.

eBay does not accept the W-8 BEN form, because then they would not know what country you do have a tax liability to. Many countries (including Canada) may have requirements that eBay has to comply with, to collect or report income or taxes for their citizens and residents.

You have to register your Managed Payments account correctly, with a registration address in the country where you are resident. There isn't any way to change an MP account from one country to another. You're not the first or only person who has needed to create a new account, there have been many others. Some in Canada, who made the same mistake as you, and some sellers here and in Europe who have moved from one country to another.

There's no point in arguing about this, because we can see what country you are registered in. I'm sorry if you have misunderstood this, but this was an explanation, not a debate.

image.png

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

One fine day they ask a Canadian user to sign W-9 form  and provide with US tax number.

IRS Publication 519 explains the cases where a Canadian is required to file a W-9. 

How a Canadian user provide USA tax numbers or SIN number.

I believe you would file form W-7 with the IRS to get an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). I suspect it is a simple process. 

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@luckythewinner,

An ITIN is provided for people (resident or nonresident aliens) who need to file a USA tax return but for some reason are not eligible to get a SSN. Nothing that the OP has said has suggested that they are required to file a USA tax return, and I don't think they can just decide to file a USA tax return (probably for a small amount of income with no tax liability) in order to avoid any other tax liability and obligations that they have to their own country.

I suspect that OP has been avoiding paying GST/HST (General/Harmonized Sales Tax) on his selling fees by using a registered address in the USA (where eBay is not required to collect sales tax on the fees that sellers are charged).

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/individual-taxpayer-identification-number

image.png

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Maybe the OP will come back and actually explain the situation otherwise we can probably figure out the situation they are in  

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

When you sell, does eBay settle funds to a bank account in the US or Canada?

Message 21 of 21
latest reply