cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish Universe Ebay Closes down

Ebay harasses seller to the maximum. I was registered  seller on Canadian Website .ebay raised invoices for subscription In Canadian dollar. One fine day they ask a Canadian user to sign W-9 form  and provide with US tax number.How a Canadian user provide USA tax numbers or SIN number. They are asking me to close my account which I am using from last 9 years and open new account. How fair is that.

Seller have no control on any transaction or sale oe any authority apart from just listing and than be controlled by ebay.

If ebay closes my account and asking me to open new account all my 9 years of efforts to maintain the account standard will be washed out.

All I wish to Universe the way mine and other sellers like me are been punished and harnessed and forced to close down the sale on ebay for no mistake of us , Ebay face the same. Universe is listening.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Wish Universe Ebay Closes down

Was that a CS rep that told you this?

This is a USA board but hopefully another seller with experience in this area will reply

Have you tried contacting eBay for business on Facebook? 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@betatechplc-92 wrote:

Ebay harasses seller to the maximum. I was registered  seller on Canadian Website .ebay raised invoices for subscription In Canadian dollar. One fine day they ask a Canadian user to sign W-9 form  and provide with US tax number.How a Canadian user provide USA tax numbers or SIN number. They are asking me to close my account which I am using from last 9 years and open new account. How fair is that.

Seller have no control on any transaction or sale oe any authority apart from just listing and than be controlled by ebay.

If ebay closes my account and asking me to open new account all my 9 years of efforts to maintain the account standard will be washed out.

All I wish to Universe the way mine and other sellers like me are been punished and harnessed and forced to close down the sale on ebay for no mistake of us , Ebay face the same. Universe is listening.

You show to be registered in the United States.... If so that is YOUR mistake.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

The account is registered in the United States.  All your listings which I checked said the items which you sold were located in, and shipping from, New York State, U.S.  So I am confused by your post.  Can you clarify?

=

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

Ummmm, eBay has every right to ask you for your ss#. Your profile shows you're registered in the US and shipping from the US. So don't wish bad juju on eBay for something you caused.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Maybe contact eBay, and ask nicely to transfer your account to the Canadian site?

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@betatechplc-92 wrote:

... I was registered  seller on Canadian Website .ebay raised invoices for subscription In Canadian dollar. One fine day they ask a Canadian user to sign W-9 form  and provide with US tax number.How a Canadian user provide USA tax numbers or SIN number. They are asking me to close my account which I am using from last 9 years and open new account. How fair is that.

@betatechplc-92,

I can see from your public profile pages, that you registered on eBay Canada, but your registered address is in the USA.

if you were using a registered address in the USA, then eBay has to assume that you are a USA citizen or resident, and that you have a tax liability to the USA. eBay has always required users to provide correct contact information, and it has always been the case that your registered address was supposed to be the address where you live.

If you signed up for Managed Payments with a registered address in the USA, then your MP account was created as an American account, with tax liability to the USA. eBay employees have explained that there is no way to change the country for an MP account at this time. There may never be a way to do that, because the country on the account determines where the tax liability is.

If you signed up for Managed Payments with an invalid registered address, then yes, you will have to create a new account to be able to use your correct registered address and provide your Canadian information instead.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

now that you have provided us this rant for the day, are you feeling better now?

Perhaps following the process would have provided a better end result. However, whatever you choose, the rest of us will just carry on forthwith..

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

I understand what you have stated. But if that was the case I would have accepted happily. But I receive emails from eBay Canada, all my communication is on eBay Canada.I only use USA address for shipping.

If every thing was technically right there would have be no issue at all. Since there is a technical issue ,the problem have raised.And eBay is not able to provide the solution of there technical error.But the result is that I am affected for no error of mine and ebay does not trying to help.

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

.I only use USA address for shipping

@betatechplc-92 

Are you presently receiving payments to a Canadian bank account in Canadian dollars?  or to a bank in the US in USD$. ?

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@betatechplc-92 wrote:

I understand what you have stated. But if that was the case I would have accepted happily. But I receive emails from eBay Canada, all my communication is on eBay Canada.I only use USA address for shipping.

If every thing was technically right there would have be no issue at all. Since there is a technical issue ,the problem have raised.And eBay is not able to provide the solution of there technical error.But the result is that I am affected for no error of mine and ebay does not trying to help.

@betatechplc-92,

If you had only used the USA address as a shipping address, then you wouldn't have had to deal with this problem.

Your profile shows that your registered address is in the USA. That's what caused the problem. You could have fixed it before you registered for Managed Payments.

eBay has always been clear that your registered address was supposed to be accurate and correct. You can use any shipping address you want to, but your registered address has to be correct. If there weren't any consequences for not complying with the rule before, that doesn't mean there would never be any consequences.

eBay employees have stated that there is no way to change the country on a Managed Payments account. I don't know what you expect them to do. How was eBay supposed to know that you had provided false information?

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

All the documents were submitted DL/Business registration and w-8 form.

A person who face the technical issue can only understand, For the rest when things are normal,they cant step into others shoe to understand the issues that could have raised. There are three faces to every coin what think is true for you, what I think is true for me, but the real face is the actual truth.And that where the issues arises and solutions have to be found from that perspective.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@betatechplc-92 wrote:

All the documents were submitted DL/Business registration and w-8 form.

A person who face the technical issue can only understand, For the rest when things are normal,they cant step into others shoe to understand the issues that could have raised. There are three faces to every coin what think is true for you, what I think is true for me, but the real face is the actual truth.And that where the issues arises and solutions have to be found from that perspective.

Well such would be good for say you, and the very few folks that decided to use Untied States as the registration point and of course be in reality in some other country.

Ebay is not going to waist its time on the few, wich includes you.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

Pretty sure a coin only has two faces: while perception may vary, facts don’t.

Somewhere in your registration process, you ticked something that identified you as a US seller. It’s not a glitch per se, it’s something that was inconsequential while PayPal was in use since one account could receive different currencies, but checking accounts don’t work that way.

Ive heard of people being able to change their country of registration, I suggest you try that route.

She ❤︎ Her ❤︎ Hers
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

Ebay records and fee invoicing is in Cad $ , I receive ebay communication from ebay.Ca than how come I be registered as USA ebay, If  was registered as USA I should have been charged in USD  by ebay.

To understand the issue one has to think out of there old settled views and opinions formed from previous experiences.

And my issue with ebay is why is t showing as USA user when I am not. The whole point is what we are seeing is wrong bcz of some error and that what is to be sorted out.

Message 15 of 21
latest reply