cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife bought item on Ebay, arrived today dropshipped from Amazon. I'm furious...

with my wife for not doing a better job of shopping online.  Oh well, we lost $3.  Arrived on time and what she paid for, so positive feedback left.  It even came with the dreaded "gift receipt", but I don't sell over there so couldn't care less.  I'll let Amazon police their site. 

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Why would you be furious? Was the item damaged? Did you not get it in a reasonable amount of time? Who gets furious over $3? Thats where the seller keeps their inventory in this case in a warehouse? 

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

@jobs-7wrote:

with my wife for not doing a better job of shopping online.  Oh well, we lost $3.  Arrived on time and what she paid for, so positive feedback left.  It even came with the dreaded "gift receipt", but I don't sell over there so couldn't care less.  I'll let Amazon police their site. 

Yes, but if you have a Prime account we will all be paying for it in higher fees.

No disrespect intended, but I always thought you were female.

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

Are you certain it was **drop shipped** from Amazon?   Because many eBay sellers are also sellers over there and store inventory in an Amazon fulfillment center.   When the seller makes a sale here, he has the Amazon fulfillment center package and ship for him.   It saves him a ton of time.. some of these folks are hard at work at their 9 to 5 jobs, etc.  

I don't use Amazon fulfillment so don't know the costs charged to sellers who do, etc.   It doesn't seem much different to me than if I were to use my employee Ethel  sort out my sales from a space I rent from her and package and ship my sales for me from her place.

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

If the item comes with a gift receipt - the item is being dropshipped using a personal Prime acct according to not only the Amazon CS reps I've talked to but also Amazon sellers.

Amazon sellers using their Business prime - from what sellers tell me - can include a receipt with the item but it does not say gift.

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

After enough of those, you learn where the best prices are.

Free advertising for the competitor! 

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 6 of 41
latest reply

Furious over $3?  Wouldn't want to be around when she buys a new shirt.

~Why be a second rate version of someone else when you can be a first rate version of yourself~

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

Thanks for the info, tunicaslot!  

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

@tunicaslotwrote:

If the item comes with a gift receipt - the item is being dropshipped using a personal Prime acct according to not only the Amazon CS reps I've talked to but also Amazon sellers.

Amazon sellers using their Business prime - from what sellers tell me - can include a receipt with the item but it does not say gift.

So true.

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

Did you get the item you wanted for the price you agreed to pay on Ebay? Then what is the harm?  And I wouldnt be so sure about the box being a smoking gun.  I received a bunch of 30 year old My Little Ponies in an Amazon Box.  I get stuff in Amazon boxes all teh time that are SSSSOOOOO not from Amazon (dishes, pre-owned clothes, etc) and I just get things in weird boxes in general (me and my guy roomates nearly wet our pants laughing when we got a video game in a tampon box).

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

@emerald40wrote:

@jobs-7wrote:

Yes, but if you have a Prime account we will all be paying for it in higher fees.

@emerald40  Oh, come on. You have to have read that amzn sellers pay to use 3P Prime because I post back to you every single time you say it.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 11 of 41
latest reply

@*eponymous*wrote:

@emerald40wrote:

@jobs-7wrote:

@emerald40  Oh, come on. You have to have read that amzn sellers pay to use 3P Prime because I post back to you every single time you say it.

And you would think if the fee was going up, it would have happened by now.....I’ve had prime for 5.5 years and the annual fee has not gone up. Clearly amazon decided to take advantage and start 3P. They only raise the monthly membership costs. I’ve paid the same annual price since I joined.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 12 of 41
latest reply

Month to month went up in January.  So annual fee may not be far behind.

The price of the monthly Prime membership for new members increased from $10.99 to $12.99 on January 19, 2018. The price of the discounted Prime Student monthly plan for new sign-ups increased from $5.49 to $6.49 on January 19, 2018.

Existing monthly Prime and Prime Student members will pay the new price for renewals happening after February 18, 2018.

Annual Prime members continue to pay $99. Annual Prime Student members continue to pay $49.

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

@missjen831wrote:

@*eponymous*wrote:

@emerald40wrote:

@jobs-7wrote:

And you would think if the fee was going up, it would have happened by now.....I’ve had prime for 5.5 years and the annual fee has not gone up. Clearly amazon decided to take advantage and start 3P. They only raise the monthly membership costs. I’ve paid the same annual price since I joined.

Are you sure? I don't remember exactly when it went up from 79.00 to 99.00/year, but I thought it was within the last 3 or 4 years.

@d-k_treasureswrote:

@missjen831wrote:

@*eponymous*wrote:

@emerald40wrote:

@jobs-7wrote:

Are you sure? I don't remember exactly when it went up from 79.00 to 99.00/year, but I thought it was within the last 3 or 4 years.

https://lifehacker.com/amazon-has-announced-that-amazon-prime-will-go-up-from-1542937038

Announced in 2014.

Message 15 of 41
latest reply