cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is with the eBay site constantly crashing?????

I swear 25%+ of the time, while trying to list on eBay, it crashes.  I develop the listing, add pictures, etc and then when I try to save it, it acts like it is thinking.  Then, all of a sudden, the "It not you, it's us" splash page or "We Looked Everywhere" page comes up and everything I just did is go.  WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!!!!

Previously, it wouldn't save my descriptions when I published a listing.  Then, there was the issue where the descriptions were replaced with a "Puffer Jacket Boy Looked Everywhere" description after they were published.

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Have you checked your Drafts folder?

https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/drafts 

You should find that the listing will auto-save as a draft while you're working on it. If your session bombs out for whatever reason, you should find that the majority of your work will survive as a draft.

How are you working on your listings? If you're on the app, try desktop instead. I find it a lot more stable.

Message 2 of 49
latest reply

I have seen plenty of these posts lately but i have had no issues at all. Not sure if it is a regional thing.

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

@chevymontecarlo88 wrote:

I have seen plenty of these posts lately but i have had no issues at all. Not sure if it is a regional thing.

It's most likely an ISP or internet connection thing.

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

Been listing a lot over the last week from my desktop.

Probably spent at least 20 hours in the listing tool. No errors here. On Spectrum Fiber for internet.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 49
latest reply

I could understand possibly some cased being attributed to, "most likely an ISP or internet connection thing".

But, since it's been reported here an insane (extremely large number) amount of times, across other internet forums and Youtubers,  I look at it this way: is the most likely cause of the aforementioned issues have an origin with Ebay, known for their constant changes and glitchy website, or, everyone's ISP or internet connect thing is bad.  Our shared, root connection is Ebay.

-Principle of Parsimony

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

I have a 1 GB connection and usually I am streaming TV at the same time with no issue, on the TV part.

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

"You should find that the listing will auto-save as a draft while you're working on it."

That is why I believe it is an eBay issue, as the changes I have made are not there.  

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

Well, it just went down again.  Here is what is says:

Where's all the stuff?

Our homepage is down, but the rest of eBay is fine. We'll have it back up in a moment.

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

Comes back, complete my listing, and the site crashes.  What a bunch of crap.  Can't list and currently can't even buy:

We looked everywhere

Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages

Message 10 of 49
latest reply

@rhiggsbear wrote:

I have a 1 GB connection and usually I am streaming TV at the same time with no issue, on the TV part.

Well, the TV is buffering for uninterrupted playback, so it's able to override intermediate dropouts, but I'm wondering if your Internet feed is more susceptible to dropouts or spontaneous changes of IP address, or even the WiFi channel in use (if you're not using an ethernet cable directly to your network switch or router).

Can you try temporarily shutting down the other equipment, and/or plugging directly into the router to bypass the WiFi, and see if the responsiveness improves? That message about the eBay home page going down is simply nonsense. Their error messages are less than accurate.

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

I tried using my desk top that is plugged directly into the router via an Ethernet cable with the same results.  In both cases (notebook and desktop) I can go to various other sites and SNAP, they are up.

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

@rhiggsbear wrote:

I tried using my desk top that is plugged directly into the router via an Ethernet cable with the same results.  In both cases (notebook and desktop) I can go to various other sites and SNAP, they are up.

Yeah... I don't doubt that other sites show no problems. EBay's site coding is less than stable, and does require some coddling to get through the more complicated processes such as uploading new listings. But, for example, my home network, which uses a 6-year-old Windoze 10 box on a 12-year-old AT&T Internet service installation (U-verse!) shows no interruptions, as does my current remote (Wisconsin vacation 😎) setup of a 12-year-old laptop tethered to a 3-year-old Samsung Z Flip3 5G smartphone. No hiccups so far.

All I'm getting at here is that while I know the error screens originate from eBay, they're being sent to you in response to commands from your end that the site simply doesn't understand, so the question is what you might be able to change in order to get these errors to go away. Unfortunately I don't think anyone at the eBay end of the line will be able to figure it out.

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

@rhiggsbear wrote:

Well, it just went down again.  Here is what is says:

Where's all the stuff?

Our homepage is down, but the rest of eBay is fine. We'll have it back up in a moment.

That is not a crash of the site.  It is a certain function currently is having an issue for one reason or another  but the rest of the site is still available.  A Crash is when the entire site goes down.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 14 of 49
latest reply

aving an issue for one reason or another  but the rest of the site is still available.  A Crash is when the entire site goes down.

Yeah, but if I try to go to anywhere else, it is blank, non-functional.

FYI - seems to be working fine this morning.

Message 15 of 49
latest reply