cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is ebay changing my promoted listing campaign??

I put in a listing campaign #, & come back to find it changed & am unable to change it back

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Sounds like you have 'Dynamic Ad Rate' set.  That can be changed here:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/mktg/pl#

rosszonebricks_0-1714061719398.png

Read more:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/promoted-listings?id=4164

dynamic ad rates: The dynamic ad rate strategy automatically aligns an item's ad rate with eBay's daily suggested ad rate. With this strategy, you do not need to make daily, manual updates to keep your listings competitive in the marketplace

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@meme6253 

What "changed" exactly?   The number of items included?  The % you are required to pay?  
Some details might help here. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I had picked the campaign that ends with US, Because their all a sequence of #'s, & Yes my percentage on one went from the 2.4 that I put to 11.4, & I can't change it back, & now I am checking others & they will not let me change it back

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I never set it for that.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

I never set it for that.

Because it's the default setting.  (Which is silly, because IMO, letting eBay decide how much ad money they get from you is crazy.)

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I just checked & it shows I'm in fixed rate setting, But that is not what's happening!

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Yes it is crazy, & I don't like what is going on

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@meme6253 

Found this for you: 

How do I edit or delete my Promoted Listings Standard campaigns?
Editing a campaign

You can edit the end date on the dashboard by moving your cursor over the field and typing in the revised date.

To edit name, listings, or ad rate:

If you used the “Simple listing selection” option to create your Promoted Listings Standard campaign:
Click the campaign name from your campaign grid to go to your campaign dashboard.
From there, you can update your campaign’s name, listings, and ad rate strategy.
If you used the “Bulk listing selection” option to create your Promoted Listings Standard campaign:
Click the campaign name from your campaign grid to go to your campaign dashboard
From there, you can update your campaign’s name, listings, and ad rate strategy.
Note: Editing listings will still be via .csv upload. Large files may take up to an hour for the changes to be reflected.

If you used the “Automated” option to create an automated campaign:
Click the “Edit” link next to the campaign you wish to edit.
From here, you can edit your ad rate strategy only.
If you want to edit your listing rules, please end your campaign and create a new one with your desired rule.
Deleting a campaign

Only a campaign that has ended can be deleted. If your campaign is active or paused you may not be able to delete the campaign.

In order to end a campaign, click “Actions” next to the campaign you wish to end and choose “End” from the dropdown.

Note: It may take a couple of minutes for the campaign to end. Once the status of the campaign(s) changes to “Ending,” check the box next to the campaign(s) you wish to delete and click “Delete.”

Edits to active campaigns generally take effect the same day. Edits to non-active campaigns take effect when you resume the campaign.

From an expanded FAQ on this page:

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/growth/promoted-listings/promoted-listings-standard

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the info, but I think something was lost in translation, I have already set my campaigns long ago, I did not change anything, They are being changed without my permission 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

"I just checked & it shows I'm in fixed rate setting, But that is not what's happening!"

That is what's happenning.  eBay fixed the rate for you.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

Thanks for the info, but I think something was lost in translation, I have already set my campaigns long ago, I did not change anything, They are being changed without my permission 

You said that you couldn't change/edit them.  Have you tried editing them the way the way @ittybitnot described?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Yes & it gets changed back

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

How & why can they do that if i already set things????

Message 14 of 14
latest reply