cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has this not come up yet?

Social Security Numbers Stolen in PayPal Cyberattack (msn.com)

Just curious...

any thoughts on if this will affect sellers and buyers here?

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Those people are very stupid also. Why not just say "Hey, I will be gone for 2 weeks feel free to come rob my home".  They use to place the address in the papers with the time of the wake & funeral of people who died.  They did stop that though many years ago.

Message 31 of 36
latest reply

@krazzykats wrote:

Tips for keeping your eBay account secure | eBay

I personally use 2 step verification on almost all my accounts, everywhere, if available. 

Sure it takes a couple of extra clicks to type a code in.

Same.  All of my accounts that have any sort of financial info attached all have 2-factor verification enabled. Takes absolutely no effort to do so and ensures that no one other than me can have access to them.

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

@meme6253 wrote:

Did I Miss The Memo??, When Did Paypal Start Being Accepted Again??

For buyers it never left. For sellers that option went away with Managed Payments although you can still use Paypal for buying the Shipping label if you want. I assume thats because it puts you in the role of buyer (of the label).

Message 34 of 36
latest reply

I want to thank all the responders to this thread, they have shared some very insightful and useful information. As much as I would like to choose a Best Answer, I have to conclude that the only Best Answer is for EVERYONE to do their OWN due diligence when it comes to keeping their information SAFE and Secure.

The information is out there people SO USE IT or LOSE IT!!!!!!

As users of this platform, WE all have to be vigilant and Proactive, share what You see so that others can be aware of the threats that are out there!!!

Thanks, KUS

Stay Safe and Look out for those that You Care about.

Message 35 of 36
latest reply