cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does putting my store on vacation count against my Selling Level?

I had my store posted as being on vacation and any Buy I Now items would be delayed until my return at which time I would send items. I did send items out when I returned with no complaints from buyers as they were aware of the delay if they chose to buy,  but Ebay has marked all of these sales as overdue and taken me from Top Seller to Above Average.  Is this there normal action, and if so, how is this fair?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

you need to hide your listings when using vacation mode ... or extend your handling time ...
the ebay shipping clock starts at payment ...

Barb
i don't suffer from insanity ~~ i enjoy it ...
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi,

I feel your pain. Last year, as a fairly new seller, I went on vacation for 10 days. I chose the "on vacation" option and thougt I was set to go. Nope. Apparently, I needed to extend my handling time to cover the vacation days in bulk edit. My status also fell from top rated to above standard, and it took a while to claw my way back up. What I should have done is added 10 days to my handling time. Live and learn. I hope you can resolve this quickly. I kept calling ebay and I was finally given a one time only exemption, which restored my status to top rated.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Also check: Keep people from buying your fixed price listings while you're on vacation. Your auction style listings will still run as scheduled.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@aprilpday1 wrote:

Is this there normal action, and if so, how is this fair?

Yeah, this is normal ... sorry you encountered this, but eBay's systems are not very logical.

There are actually "2" important vacation steps that you need to be aware of.

1. The first it to put your store on vacation, but this only notifies sellers that you are away - your store continues to operate.
  2. The second step appears when you check to put your store on vacation ... down at the bottom there is a box you need to check that says: "Keep people from buying your fixed price listings while you're on vacation. "

You don't have to check the option in 2, but (as you unfortunately discovered) your handling times will apply if someone purchases something.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply