cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my item not sell?

Seem like my laptop is having trouble selling, it has been up 2 weeks now, this will be the third run, I have it listed pretty cheap. Seen some sell for $350, now ganted its new and in box. but I have it listed with buy it now at $225 and starting bids at $175.

My listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332490817609?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Only can think maybe they don't trust me because I don't have much feedback yet. I only sold one item so far and still waiting for feedback, if I get it.

Also thinking maybe I posted it too low and they think it may be to good to be true, or maybe I am over valueing it. But I used the advance feature and searched for sold listings.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Why does my item not sell?

It is not what others are selling them for, but what they have sold for in the past. If you click on "sold", you will see most comparable laptops have sold for less than your asking price. If you changed your asking price to a BIN price, you might just sell it. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

One just sold on the 13th for $350

here is the new one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Ideapad-300-15-6-i3-6100U-4GB-Ram-500GB-HD-Black-Win-10-80Q7006AUS/3...

Says that two sold and this was a sold listing on the 13th

here is the 17inch model, but mine has more ram, sold on the 15th:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/lenovo-ideapad-300-17isk-17-inch-laptop-used-but-in-good-condition/27295448...

Not sure what the heck

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@justisinna wrote:

Also thinking maybe I posted it too low and they think it may be to good to be true, or maybe I am over valueing it. But I used the advance feature and searched for sold listings. 

You have an Ideapad i3, 6GB, 500GB for a total cost of $205 auction or $260 BIN. 

I see these available right now: 

• Ideapad i5, 6GB, 500GB for $172 total cost. 
  • Ideapad i5, 8GB, 500GB for $175 total cost. 
  • Ideapad i5, 6GB, 500GB for $181 total cost. 
  • Ideapad i5, 6GB, 750GB for $192 total cost. 

All of these have a better processors and the same (or more) RAM and HDD for less money than yours. And yes, I suspect your lack of feedback is probably an issue as well. 

But fundamentally, you are asking the wrong question. Instead of saying "why hasn't mine sold?" you should be asking "What  is it about my listing that makes it stand out?" IMHO there are zillions of laptops for sale on eBay and yours really has nothing that makes it stand out. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

On eBay anything that is new commands premium prices. A new VHS player can sell for $199, while the same used one will sell for $30. If what you are selling is not new, always disregard the price the new ones sold for.

Why did the other one sell and not yours? One reason may be because it was a BIN. I am not crazy about auctions. I rarely buy anything via auctions. I look for something that I can buy immediately. You might want to set a BIN price at an amount you want. If you want $230 for it, simply change it to a BIN at $230 and just leave it there. It might not sell right away, but it will eventually sell. 

Another thing you should do is build up your feedback. Buy cheap stuff on eBay. Use eBay to buy everyday stuff you need. This will raise your feedback. People are wary of buying items like laptops from sellers with low feedback. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Why its not selling?

In short:

1. eBay is flooded with used electronics, they go for very very cheap and it has to stand out for some reason.

2. Most people will not purchase from a seller with virtually no feedback

3. Laptops are high scam items, in the buyer and seller dept-so people are extra careful

4. Many people will only purchase a used computer from a seller that sells lots of them-they will feel like those sellers are more knowledgeable and send a complete package with laptop cleaned out of last users files.

5. Some things take a while to sell even when they ARE priced right and from a experienced seller. But with the above reasons. it makes it even harder.

Good Luck

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Your listing says "Almost mint condition", but you don't mention what is wrong with it.

Have a great day
Message 7 of 7
latest reply