cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does eBay allow counterfeit and cloned items on their site, against their policies?

When I search the word clone I come up with over 78,000 items for sale but per our user agreement we aren't suppose to use the word clone in our titles. When I search clone knife everyone of the 60 current items are counterfeit...  I advised eBay of this a week ago. In regards to timeline,  I listed a Push Dagger which is a Legal Item in most the United States, I had a eBay representative call me within one hour of me listing the dagger and removed my listing. So why does eBay have all the tolerance in the world for counterfeit items even after I spent 3 hours on the phone with them going over the 200 sold counterfeit cloned knives they made money from?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Why does eBay allow counterfeit and cloned items on their site, against their policies?

Parts of  Alabama or Georgia...

No I wasn't referring to those items as counterfeit. I was referring to the counterfeit items I spent 3 hours on the phone asking eBay why they are listed on this site in direct competition of my real legal items. It's not just the manufacturer s that get cheated. I get cheated because I am an authorized dealer and have to compete on eBay with fake counterfeit items. I pay $400-$500 a month to ebay for the thrill to

compete against 100% illegal items. Illegal as far as the law of the land not ebays policies that they try to shove down your throat as law...

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Re: Why does eBay allow counterfeit and cloned items on their site, against their policies?

@7rattlesbushcraft wrote:

Parts of  Alabama or Georgia...

No I wasn't referring to those items as counterfeit. I was referring to the counterfeit items I spent 3 hours on the phone asking eBay why they are listed on this site.

Like I said, you need to spend three hours contacting the correct source which is the manufacture.  If you are a rep for them I would think you have the contact info. Give it a try as it is the only way Ebay will remove them is if the manufacture does not want them sold here.

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

if it came from China, it's all about special rules for special sellers. And those sellers don't have to be Chinese, just in the practice of selling their junk.
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

correct!
Message 19 of 20
latest reply

The fact that ebay not only condones, but puts into practice, options whereby items in some categories can be listed as "original, reprint, UNKNOWN" should be quite telling.  Big knock off market for a lot of things; ebay insuring their piece of the pie.

ebay even goes as far as openly endorsing this stance, with "buyer beware" chants echoing far and wide.  So, please can we cut the 'Nese just a little bit of a break?

Message 20 of 20
latest reply