cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do Vintage Jewelry 50 years+ have to give refunds after 30 days or state no returns accepted.

Why must sellers with Vintage Jewelry that is 50 years plus have to either give 30 day refunds or no returns accepted?  Why shouldn't we be in collectables?  30 days is ridiculous and if you say no returns people may not buy.  

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Why do Vintage Jewelry 50 years+ have to give refunds after 30 days or state no returns accepted.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

With all due respect, you don't HAVE to give 30 day returns.

As you know, you can list with no returns.

Your call.  

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

if you say no returns people may not buy.  

Who says?  eBay?    

For the last 100 or so things I have purchased here I did not check the return policy for ANY of them. 

All ebay items can be returned.   It is called a SNAD complaint.  Seller pays shipping to maybe get their item back, or  let the buyer have it for free.   

If you have a return policy, you are supposed to allow returns for any reason.  You still have to pay up for a phony SNAD.   

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

99.9% of the returns I have had are requested in the first 7 days.

The 30 day policy doesnt matter to me. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You don't have to give refunds - many people don't.

You can offer 30 day refunds and tag your jewellery. 

Either case, you're kind of stuck - for a SNAD eBay won't have your back as the new policy changes have been rolled out, and some do an end-run around no-returns policies by claiming this. I've found returns just to be easier. IMHO, it's the minority who do this. 

@rdj831 is right - generally people will inform you very quickly. I've had only one 30-day return be asked to return in 30 days (fit issue), it was shipped promptly. Was it worn? Dunno - I laundered and relisted it because it had been gone for a month. I've found the vast majority of people to be honest and decent - selling here since 2001.  You'll get some clunkers, it goes with the territory.

I no longer really sell vintage here, but did for years and years.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

They removed the option for 14 day returns because lots of people would have switched to it when 30 day free returns became mandatory for TRS+... they wanted to force sellers into 30 day returns knowing offering no returns just ups a sellers' SNADs.

Next they will want sellers to start charging for shipping to cover the free returns and incentivize the new prime knock off they have in the works that for a sub fee will give free shipping and free returns.

eBay doesn't tell the sellers these plans, they just put forceful rules in expecting people to adhere.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@rdj831 wrote:

99.9% of the returns I have had are requested in the first 7 days.

The 30 day policy doesnt matter to me. 

I agree with above.  I sell jewelry and have had 30 days returns for 2 or 3 years now.  Never had a one.  Any return pretty much was within 7 days.  OP, I think you are worrying too much about nothing.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@mamaloves wrote:

Why must sellers with Vintage Jewelry that is 50 years plus have to either give 30 day refunds or no returns accepted?  Why shouldn't we be in collectables?  30 days is ridiculous and if you say no returns people may not buy.  

I don't offer returns, people still buy. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply