cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone i refund & never recieved the phone back!

I've had it with ebay Not protecting the seller. I sold an iPhone for 150 the seller had a finger print issue so I told him to send it back using the ebay label I provide. I never received the item but buyer escalated the claim with PayPal & ebay so the money was refunded automatically. SO this means I'm out the 150 the phone and shipping both ways! In waiting to receive item back to much time elapsed so I wasn't able to reopen the dispute! Guess I'm s.o.l!

Any opt for a complaint on ebay about this?! 

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I'm a little confused.  When the buyer escalated the claim, did you do nothing?   In such a case, the seller tells eBay (or PayPal, depending on where the claim was filed) that the item was not returned, and the seller wins the case ... if you do not respond, then the buyer would likely prevail.

This sentence is confusing me ... what do you mean?  "In waiting to receive item back to much time elapsed so I wasn't able to reopen the dispute!"

Is the case in appeal?   Is it beyond 30 days since the case was decided?

If there is not an appeal and it is still within 30 days, then you can appeal the decision and make sure that you communicate that the buyer did not return the item, and that eBay should not have refunded the money.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Are you sure the funds weren't just placed on HOLD?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Contact the carrier on the return label you provided --

and ask for the GPS location of the tracking showing delivered.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Good advice. The return label would help me to resolve this but I've never provided a return label through ebays refunding process so I couldn't locate the label info in my ebay in that dispute. I reached out to the buyer asking where the phone is & if he has tracking. He never replied, why would he when he got the money. 

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Definetly full refund after he escalated the claim. 

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I replied to the seller that as soon as i recieved the phone id refund.

A couple weeks went by no phone.

I msg seller "i'm going on vacation for a couple weeks have u sent the phone?"  Heard norhing...left the country. Returned 2 weeks later to find no phone in my mailbox, durrinh  that time he escalated the claim & PayPal put the money in his account. 

I contacted PayPal & ebay they told me to appeal it with that new information. I couldn't appeal because of the time laps. 

Oh well. The end. 150 gone. No phone. Lesson learned. Done. 

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Correction....that was the first time I used ebays return label feature. I can't seem to locate that label info.
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

I'm hoping that you entered the tracking number into the case when you issued it.  When that shows delivery is when the buyer is refunded.  Tracking on that label shows the buyer put it in the mail.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

No I didn't! 😭😢 I never used the return label feature so I assumed ebay listed the rts tracking # inside tge case details just like they do when selling an item & print a label through ebay. 

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

@melissagsxr wrote:

No I didn't! 😭😢 I never used the return label feature so I assumed ebay listed the rts tracking # inside tge case details just like they do when selling an item & print a label through ebay. 

I'm really confused as to what happened.   But here is what I assume happened.

1. The buyer filed a Money Back Guarantee claim, asserting that the phone isn't working (fingerprint feature not working).
  2. You responded back to the seller with something like ... "OK ... go ahead and return it".
  3. You did not go into the eBay returns and approve the return ... if you had approved the MBG claim, a shipping label is automatically issued to the seller (you would pay for return shipping).
  4. When you took no action on the return (as far as eBay is concerned), the case automatically escalated, the buyer was issued a refund, and the buyer gets to keep the phone.

If item #3 did happen, you would be able to see that action in the return history.  To see the history, go to Seller Hub >> Orders >> Returns, and then select closed returns and then the item being returned ... if it is not there, it could be with your cases at Seller Hub >> Orders >> Cases, probably under closed cases.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

You did not go into the eBay returns and approve the return ... if you had approved the MBG claim, a shipping label is automatically issued to the seller

No, the preacher did accept the return --

and had eBay issue the teacher a label:

@melissagsxr wrote:

I sold an iPhone for 150 the seller had a finger print issue so I told him to send it back using the ebay label I provide.

But when the dancer didn't use the label right away --

the lawyer went on vacation for 2 weeks.

Right away the builder "returned" the item with tracking --

then escalated to eBay when the painter failed to refund after 6 days.

By the time the soldier came back from vacation* --

the smoke had already cleared, and the battle was over.

*why do people claim they have no access to email when they're out of town?

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Not everyone has smart phones - but I can't see where the OP made that statement - she may not have had anyone at home to contact to see if the return came thru. She unfortunately didn't go thru the correct return process and I wish she would have come here first as she's a low volume seller on this acct at least and listig the phone was a prime scam target.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

I had no access to my MAIL not my email. I left town thinking it was handled. I had no idea there was a "seller hub" either btw. This is not my business. This is a place I list an item a few times a year & that's it. 

Message 15 of 23
latest reply